PDA

View Full Version : adding on a hotel stay

KrystalR83
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know when you can add on a hotel stay before or after the cruise? The DisneyWorld prices are already on Disney's website but you can't yet book them on the cruise line's website.

Thanks

:mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
There's no land/sea packages anymore, so you can book the resort whenever you want (bypassing the cruise site). You can call Disney Worlds central reservation office, go through the WDW website or a travel agent like Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com). Your usually better off booking it through Disney, because then you can take advantage of discounts or free dining or whatever specials they have going. You won't get those booking through the DCL website.

Magical Journeys is one stop shopping too, as they'll take care of all your Disney needs (resort and cruise) :thumbsup: .

akaDisneyDreamer
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Well, I was considering trying out the cruise next year too, but also wanted to have some WDW time as well. Disappointed to hear they no longer do the land/sea packages. I came to this forum for some advice on how to do it. So I'm hoping that if you do cruise first, DME will pick you up at the airport and then will they drop you off at your WDW land resort when when you get done with the cruise? :confused:

TammiMcMan
09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
So I'm hoping that if you do cruise first, DME will pick you up at the airport and then will they drop you off at your WDW land resort when when you get done with the cruise? :confused:Actually, DCL transport will take you right to the resort. No need to go back to the airport and switch to DME. You just let DCL know when you make your ground transportation reservations.

The land/sea package was convenient, but tied you into a specific timeframe. You can still add the hotel (before or after your cruise) via the DCL website. You just won't be able to take advantage of any specials or discounts that might be associated with your resort choice.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-04-2010, 11:38 AM
And, if I do a WDW resort first, will the DCL pick us at at the resort for the cruise? If I book the resort stay through MJ rather than through the DCL website can I get discounts? Can I book the cruise through MJ as well? Are there ever any discounts for DCL? Is a 3 day cruise enough, even for a first timer? Lots of questions, I know, but this is all new to me!

Tink1
09-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I have not gotten the knack of Muti-quoting so here goes:

And, if I do a WDW resort first, will the DCL pick us at at the resort for the cruise?
Yes

If I book the resort stay through MJ rather than through the DCL website can I get discounts?
If they are offered, yes

Can I book the cruise through MJ as well?
Yes, we also offer an additional on board credit as a thank you.

Are there ever any discounts for DCL?
Sometimes. If they offer them and you are applicable, we change you automatically.

Is a 3 day cruise enough, even for a first timer?
3 nights is nice, the 4 night is even nicer! That extra day makes a huge difference in my relaxation and enjoyment level.

Lots of questions, I know, but this is all new to me!

Not a problem!

Nanc

akaDisneyDreamer
09-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks Nanc! I have ordered the Passporters guide to DCL so hopefully I can find out a lot more about what activities will be available on the cruise and such ... would October be a good time to go? Was thinking of taking the 4 day Bahamas cruise on Oct 16, 2011, with a 5 night WDW at AKL first from 10/10-10/15 ... would we be able to participate in MNSSHP that early in Oct?

Tink1
09-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Yes MNSSHP starts in mid September historically. There is tons of stuff to do on the ship.

I personally love to cruise from Mid Oct to Mid November. Have always seemed to luck out weather wise.

In fact I will be on the 4 night sailing 11/7/10. So I will have brand new 4 night Navigators to share.

Nanc

akaDisneyDreamer
09-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I will most definatley be looking forward to hearing about your cruise Nanc! Have a great time!

TammiMcMan
09-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Looks like Nanci has you covered :mickey: . I just wanted to add my experiences. Our first cruise was a 3 night and it really was too short. We found the 4 night is a much better experience if it's in your budget.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, Tammi, I was thinking the 3 day wouldn't be long enough either. We are now looking into either a 4 night with a 5 or 6 night WDW stay before hand, or a 7 night eastern (or western) carribean cruise ... how do we decide?!! :nemo:

Nanc ... can we request your assistance with MJ when we are ready to book? :wave:

TammiMcMan
09-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I love WDW and even when we've cruised, I've added a day to be there. If it were me, I'd definitely go for the 5 or 6 nights in Disney, followed by a 4 night cruise :cloud9: .

Tink1
09-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Nanc ... can we request your assistance with MJ when we are ready to book? :wave:

I would be honored.

Nanc

edited to add: you live where my husband wants to live, can I send him to you? ;)

akaDisneyDreamer
09-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks Nanc!

Nah, i don't need a husband, lol! Been there done that! :blush:

I actually once lived in PA ... briefly. It's way prettier than here!