PDA

View Full Version : Are Value resort pools always overcrowded at night

mrmcgiv
08-23-2010, 12:03 AM
We stayed at AS Sports last week 8/16-8/19. We did a split stay and moved from AKL where we stayed the 5 prior nights. Having never stayed at a value resort we were pleasantly surprised by how much we liked AS sports. The kids liked it better than AKL. It felt more like Disney to me and my husband as well(do not get me wrong though, we liked AKL). We went to the AS Music pool one afternoon and had a blast. My kids loved the music and pool games.

Fast forward to our last night there (wed 8/18). We planned to leave the parks early that evening so we could get back in time for the movie at the pool at 9 at AS music. They have a movie every night. OH MY GOSH - it was a madhouse. Serioulsy, it was insane there. Tons of kids, many not supervised, cannonballing into the pool and not even watching who was closeby. It was way too loud and way too crowded. We could not even hear the movie. I felt very umcomfortable there! So we went over to the AS sports main pool and even w/o the movie it was wat overcrowded with unruly, rude and unsupervised kids. We had to leave and decided to call it a night.

I did have a problem getting a reservation for that night in particular and that is how we wound up at sports b/c they were the only value/mod w/ availabilty so I hope there was something big going on to cause this crowd??? We said we would stay at AS Music next trip until we went to the pool that night and if it is always like that I would never go back OR if I did I would never go to the pool at night. It was fine during the day and up until 8-9 PM or so but at night it was out of control!

Tinker Fan
08-23-2010, 12:11 AM
We have stayed at AS Music several times and love the games and movie around the pool at night. There were nights that were crazy like you said and there were night that were more quiet, maybe depends on the time of year or maybe something was going on at the time you were there.

BugeyedMuggy
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
When we've stayed at AS*Sports (years ago) we found the "Baseball" pool to be less crowded than the Surf's Up pool. But as the previous post pointed out, it can be hit or miss.

We stay at POP now and, with the three pools there, you can ussually find one that's less crowded.

Mousemates
08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
usually while the "main pool" is crowded because of the activities going on...one of the "quiet pools" has a much more laid back feel...by the way this is true of just about all the resorts with multiple swimming facilities...even the yacht and beach club which have the very best pool of all.