PDA

View Full Version : bus to DTD

4myprincesses
08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I am wondering if there is a bus that runs from the theme parks (particularly Epcot) to Downtown Disney.

Thank you!

disneymom2000
08-22-2010, 03:47 PM
No. You can go to the Ticket & Transportation Center and catch a bus or you have to go to a Resort and then transfer to the bus to Downtown Disney. I am not sure if a ferry from Magic Kingdom goes to Downtown Disney, but I don't think so.:bus::boat:

JPL
08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
The simplest solution to this is to take a bus to SSR and then either walk around the lake or take the boat accross to DTD. Of course if you are at the MK or Epcot you could always go to onw the near by resorts and catch the bus from there. Disney stopped running buses directly from the parks to DTD when people were parking at DTD and going to the parks to avoid the charge for parking.

KatrinaJ91
08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
To get a bus from Epcot to DD, just leave Epcot thru the gate by France and either walk or take a boat over to the Boardwalk resorts then you can pick up a bus there. It's really only about a 10 min walk and really easy to do!

ANG
08-23-2010, 08:25 AM
No. You can go to the Ticket & Transportation Center and catch a bus or you have to go to a Resort and then transfer to the bus to Downtown Disney. I am not sure if a ferry from Magic Kingdom goes to Downtown Disney, but I don't think so.:bus::boat:

Ditto

4myprincesses
08-23-2010, 01:04 PM
thanks everyone!

Part of our group would rather shop in the evening while the other part would rather ride Soarin', Test Track, etc. a few more times. Was trying to figure out the best way to meet back up after all was said and done :)

Imagineer1981
08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
No, unfortunately its to prevent people from parking there and avoiding paying at the parks

PopPhan
08-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Why is it that I thought there WERE buses that ran FROM parks TO DTD, but no buses TO parks FROM DTD???

Maybe I was just thinking of the buses that run from park to park.....

Thanks for the reminder (so I don't goof up transportation plans!!!)

Tick-Tock
08-23-2010, 05:14 PM
No. You can go to the Ticket & Transportation Center and catch a bus

I don't think there is a bus between DTD and the TTC. Otherwise people would be parking at DTD for free and riding to the TTC to go to MK.

Daisy'sMom
08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
A CM also told me that they were thinking of charging at DTD for long term parking. I asked what would be considered long term and he said 4 hours. He said so many are still trying to beat the system and park there to get to the parks that they are going to charge fees. He also said they were planning to do the same at the resorts, but instead of 4 hours, it would be 3 hours. He said that they were charging at DL and have been for awhile. :mickey:

Melanie
08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
He said that they were charging at DL and have been for awhile. :mickey:

But DTD at Disneyland is a completely different set-up. There is no dedicated parking for DTD there. Everyone (park goers, shoppers, diners) all park in the same place. Wonder how this would work?

Daisy'sMom
08-24-2010, 12:33 PM
But DTD at Disneyland is a completely different set-up. There is no dedicated parking for DTD there. Everyone (park goers, shoppers, diners) all park in the same place. Wonder how this would work?

I really have no idea. And I wouldn't put much stock into what one CM told us. The reason we got talking about it in the first place was that a few months ago we went to DTD and while we were getting out of our car, a squirrel got hit right in front of us. There were no one around, but within seconds a Disney truck pulled up and scooped the poor thing away. Then a CM in nice shirt and tie came over and said something to the guy picking up squirrel. DH talks to everyone and started talking to this man. He told us during the conversation about parking at DTD.:mickey: