PDA

View Full Version : can I photocopy ME tags?

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Just got our magical express tags in the mail today!!! Only received one per person, and since we ae flying SW wewant to take hubbies golf clubs, and an extra suitcase (going 2 weeks)

Can I just photocopy the tags and let them know at the ME counter that we have the two additional bags. I don't really want to stop and get our luggage. i will laminate them so they don't fall off.

Thanks for the help

Ed
08-21-2010, 08:38 PM
That might be "iffy". I work at MCO and I know that the baggage handlers watch for those distinctive yellow tags so they don't get put on the regular bag carousels at bag claim.

If your trip is still a week or so away, it might be worthwhile to give DME a call and request additional tags be mailed to you.

Option # 2 might be to photocopy them on bright yellow paper so they look more like the actual tags.

Strmchsr
08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
A third option other than what Ed suggested is to take your baggage claim tags for the bags you don't have the DME tags for to the DME counter. You can give those tags and they'll collect your bags, though it might take longer for those to get to your room.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-21-2010, 09:09 PM
i actually photocopied them in colour and they look very good. i would laminate them so they don't fall off. I thought i heard before that if you just describe your bags and tell them the number of bags you have they will collect them. Is that right

WishingStar2006
08-21-2010, 10:28 PM
[FONT="Comic FONT]They always just send one tag per person...but if you call they will send additional ones immediately and I always get mine in less than a week. Just call the 800 in the voucher coupon book that you received from ME. This is the best way to go!!!!

You can describe your bags at the DME counter that will work as well but as a previous poster stated...that will delay the delivery of the bags substantially.

Have fun!

LVT
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I am a worrier and faked up tags would seem to be a security hazard.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I am a worrier and faked up tags would seem to be a security hazard.

Good thought.

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I ended up calling ME and they sent the tickets and they arrived in about 4 days. We leave in two and have all the right tickets. i am a worrier too, but never thought about a security breach!