PDA

View Full Version : February?

AgentP
08-21-2010, 04:54 PM
I am thinking about going to WDW the last week of February. I would love to hear about anybody else's experiences during this time of year. How are crowd levels? Is it warm enough to swim?

Strmchsr
08-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Crowd levels are moderate. That's when spring break season really kicks off, so it's not empty, but it's not packed either.

As for swimming, usually, yes, you can. The pools are all heated so you might freeze once you get out of the water, but while you're in the water you'll be fine. Also, the weather is generally warming into the upper 70s or low 80s by the end of Feb. Check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central and you'll see the exact weather conditions for your dates over the last few years. That will give you hard data to go on.

disneymom15
08-21-2010, 05:23 PM
We went last Feb (earlier in the month). Crowds were low, weather was nice during the day and cooler at night. You can never tell with the weather. I always keep on eye on STRMCHSR forecast before all of our trips.

BugeyedMuggy
08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
We went Feb 2009 & the first night it was 39 degrees at night. We left new england for that. But within the next couple of days it was high 60's during the day & high 40's at nite. Don't think I would go again then due to the fluxuation of temps. The crowds were low. Bring some gloves as disney sells the 50 cent gloves for about $9.00.

ncrohrs
08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
We went Feb of 2008. Second week of the month ending into pres. day weekend. We saw it starting to pick up during the last half of our stay.

We were able to swim. Had nice weather, mostly above 70, near 80 two of the days. Nighs were above 60, so not chilly for us Ohioans.

We are thinking of early Feb 2011. I will not plan near pres. day again as the crowds did pick up enough not for our liking (we don't do well in large crowds!)