PDA

View Full Version : morocco

ledudes
08-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Any reviews on the restaurant in Morocco?

DisneyorBust
08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't answer in regards to the TS restaurant but the CS is quite good, especially if you are looking for something different.

marlyn
08-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Marakesh is awesome. We love the food, enjoy the belly dancer, and have usually been able to get in without an ADR (especially if you go at lunch). The theming is nice and we have always had good service. :thumbsup: If you have kids who are not adventurous, you can get chicken kabobs. My kids loved them!

SandmanGStefani24
08-20-2010, 11:17 PM
we walked by the Tangerine Cafe last trip, and it smelled amazing! we were going to swing by for a shwarma but ran out of time. i'm definately gonna hit it up next time. can't wait! i just know it's gonna be awesome...

akaDisneyDreamer
08-20-2010, 11:24 PM
We also really enjoyed dining at Marakesh! The food, the service and the atmosphere were outstanding! I highly reccommend it! :wave:

TheVBs
08-21-2010, 11:24 AM
We haven't eaten there in a few years, but every time we have in the past the food has been good, the service has been great and the entertainment is really fun!

Melanie
08-21-2010, 01:54 PM
I guess I'll be the lone negative review up to this point. We went last summer with friends for lunch and while the company was wonderful, the meal was just eh. It definitely wasn't food we're dying to run back and have more of, and yes, we're fairly adventurous eaters. I had the chicken couscous and one of my sons had the shish kebab. Can't remember what the other one had, but undoubtedly from the kid's menu.

The lobby/waiting area is ridiculously small. It was packed with people, and then we had a couple of wheelchairs trying to manuever around as well. It was crazy with folks waiting/checking in, trying to go to the bathroom, etc.

Belly dancer? Could hardly see her where we were seated. The main dining room area is large.

Overall, one of those meals I'm glad we tried, but not rushing back for more anytime soon.

On the other hand, I have a friend who raves about Tangerine Cafe, so we're looking forward to trying it soon.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Never tried the CS but we ate at Marakesh last trip....:sick:I'm sorry but the only good thing was the salad and bread...I love Middle Eastern food, but this was just plain gross...dried up chicken shish kaboobs and greasy slimy lamb...nope we didn't like it.

Fastpasssteve
08-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I really enjoyed it the last time I was there in early March with friends. They are straight, so they REALLY loved the "ambiance" in the restaurant. I am fussy about food, and we all really enjoyed our meals. The lamb with couscous was especially lovely. The meat was tender and delicious.

I think, with most restaurants everywhere, there are off nights. It's a roll of the dice. I must say, the servers there were the kindest I encountered my whole trip, along with one server at Boma at the Animal KIngdom Lodge. Enjoy your trip.

MinnieMommie
08-24-2010, 10:20 PM
I've had good experience dinning at Morocco (TS). I especially liked the bread served (and the butter was good quality). Our meals have been good and for someone like my DH who likes very plain food there is something for everyone.

The show with the live musicians and dancer was also very good. The dancer interacted with the audience well and brought up the children in the audience to dance with her. There were also several people who stood up at their tables and danced so it was a fun experience.

The counter service has offers many nice items. I suggest you walk in a take a look to get an idea of what looks appealing to you. :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
We love the atmosphere and the food! :cloud9:

It is one of our must-do places, though the last couple of times we found it to be mindbogglingly LOUD! Couldn't really even have a conversation ~ hopefully that won't become the norm. . . :(

RAIDER
08-26-2010, 03:27 AM
One of the most underated places to eat in my opinion . Brilliant atmosphere ,varied menu and the cast members are one of the most helpful of all the restaurants i have ever visited in epcot
I have ate there a few times and have never been dissappointed .... :number1:

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Went there during free dining. Waiting area was packed, as was the dining hall, and LOUD. Food was okay, but nothing special. Service friendly but slow. A memorable experience, but not for the right reasons.

I much prefer the Tangerine Cafe counter service. Tasty food without the crowded tables or the wait!

Jeniflower
08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Never tried the TS but CS food was excellent. However can never eat their again. Chatted up by creepy server and asked out. I know I should be flattered but it made my skin crawl. My sister still teases me. its a shame because i really liked the food

Bellerella
08-27-2010, 12:04 AM
We ate at Marakesh on our trip last year and really enjoyed it! We were seated right by the dance floor so we had a great view of the belly dancer. The food was wonderful as well- I got the chicken couscous and it was very tender and fell right off the bone! (Which is great for me because bones in my meat creep me out but it wasn't an issue at all for me!) I would definetley reccommend trying it.

EJS-Houston
08-29-2010, 12:40 PM
The food at Marrakesh is excellent, but as another poster pointed out, so is the food at the counter service place in the Morrocco pavilion.

kathiep
08-31-2010, 04:33 PM
We've done both TS & CS. We had a nice TS meal but weren't blown away. It was OK. But the CS - definately a must do for us from now on.

ElenitaB
08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Sign me up for the "skip the TS but definitely do visit the CS" club. I didn't like Marrakesh very much at all (and I eat this cuisine fairly often). I found their food to be overly greasy and the CMs to tend to oversell if you're on the DDP so that they can increase their tips (I'm sure this happens at just about every restaurant, however here it was super obvious). And the belly dancer left me cold... I enjoy the presentation given outside much better. That said, Tangierine Cafe is probably my favorite TS at Epcot. Nice selection... probably something for everyone. :thumbsup: