PDA

View Full Version : First Solo Trip : Pre-Stay Report!

McLiberal8
08-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Courtney's First Solo Trip -- Pre-Trip Report

September 9-14th, 2010

This is my 6th trip to WDW, but my 1st solo trip. I am kind of nervous, but mainly excited. If anyone knows a lot about solo trips, please let me know if any of my plans don't make a lot of sense for my situation. :mickey:

The Resort:
Staying at POP, my favorite value resort. Already have a room requested in the 70's section, so I'm not *too* far away from the buses/food court. I am not really scared to be alone on Disney property, to be honest, but it's always better to be safe than sorry when traveling alone..

The Plan:
Besides my ADRs, the best part of going solo is the flexibility, right? Every Time I have gone to WDW, I have been with someone who didn't want to go to a park opening/wanted to head back to the hotel midday/didn't want to do EMH. NOT THIS TIME! I am going to make the most of my time! Take in every detail! A big part of the plan : take TONS of pictures. I plan to blow up the best ones and get them printed on canvas for art in my place. I just got a great new Nikon and can't wait.
Also, a big part of the plan: EAT, EAT, EAT! :chef: I am a vegetarian, but know how accommodating places are, so I'm not worried about it. I am doing free dining, and can't wait for the almond kringle, cheese plates, kaki gori, beignets, Grand Marnier slushies, tie dye cheesecake..

Thursday: I am flying Southwest, getting into Orlando around 5:30 pm. I will catch the ME, and settle in. I only have 5 days of PH tickets, so the 1st night I figure I can go resort hopping, as I haven't ever gotten to do this. Any tips? Ride the monorail to one resort, then the next, then to the TTC? And am trying to figure out the best place to eat (using one of my CS meals) amongst the resorts. Any suggestions?

Friday: I have ADRs at Chef Mickeys in the AM. I am not sure if I will regret doing character meals by myself, but I guess we will see. Then to Epcot, my favorite park! Counter service for lunch, probably at Sunshine Seasons, because I have DREAMS :cloud9: about the Strawberry Shortcake. Then, I have an ADR at Via Napoli in the evening! I am pretty excited to have some good pizza at Disney World. EMH at Epcot until 10pm!

Saturday: Hollywood Studios EMH, starting at 8am. Figured I try the breakfast pastries at Starring Rolls for breakfast. Can't wait to ride TSM, haven't been at the parks since it opened! I have lunch ADRs are Sci-Fi Drive In. Maybe I will go to DTD if I get bored in the evening? Maybe back to World Showcase for a beer at Rose and Crown, who knows!

Sunday: Magic Kingdom! One of those famous cinnamon rolls at Main Street Bakery for breakfast! Long day at MK, maybe taking a break to go get my camera and take pictures. People who like to take pictures at the part with a big camera : what do you usually do? Take a separate time to walk around with your camera and not ride things, or bring it along all day? I figure it'll be so big, and I don't want to risk breaking something.. EMH at MK until midnight!

Monday: Animal Kingdom opens at 8am. This is my least favorite park, I will probably only go for an hour or 2. A few rides on Everest, and I will be ready to go. They really don't have any vegetarian-friendly food, there, either. Maybe go take more pictures the rest of the day? This is my wildcard day. I have ADRs @ Chefs De France late that evening. So excited to try the Mac and Cheese!

Tuesday: My final day. I have an ADR at Crystal Palace early in the morning, before MK opens. I am excited to see the park, empty. I figure I will know where I want to go on this last day, by that time. Plane leaves at 5:30pm.

Thanks for reading, or for any tips you might have!

Courtney

deedeebee
08-20-2010, 07:05 PM
No tips, just a wish for a wonderful time:mickey:(it's my dream):secret:

faline
08-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Have a wonderful trip!

T-Belle
08-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Have great trip.Can't wait to read all about it!

Suz36
08-20-2010, 09:37 PM
What a dream trip - I'd love the opportunity to take pictures all day! Even with kids in toe, I took over 5000 pictures on our last trip. Have a great time!

yjgirl32
08-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Sounds great! The camera issue- will it fit in a locker?? Never had a solo trip- always had a non-rider. Have a great time.

DisneyorBust
08-21-2010, 09:16 AM
If you are going to resort hop after making the stops at the Poly, GF anf Contemporary, I would take a ride on the Epcot monorail. No particular reason, I just like the ride!
Have a great vacation!

MizMissy
08-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Have a great trip!!
I have a padded camera bag that I used the day I brought my nice Canon to the parks (AK day) and I didn't have any trouble keeping it with me on rides like dinosaur and everest. And, even though AK might not be your favorite park, let me just say that it filmed beautifully - such lush backdrops. Also, is yak and yeti not veggie friendly? Another suggestion on AK day, take a short bus ride to AKL, very beautiful inside and out and not sure about now, but the Mara at AKL had a great veggie cous cous dish several years ago.
I hope you have a great time wandering, exploring alone!

BluewaterBrad
08-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Have a great trip!!:mickey:

vizsla
08-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Have a great time.