PDA

View Full Version : 180 days or NOT

Jillirose
08-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Just got off the phone with WDW dining. I have logged onto the online reservation system and called for 5 straight days at 6a.m. (180 days out) to get a dinner reservation at Via Napoli. Don't ask why, because I haven't been there, but it seems like the reservation to score this year!!

Anyway, I get the standard "There are no reservations available during the times..." for dinner. But could get lunch. I couldn't believe that EVERY ressie 4-9p.m. for EVERY day was taken, so I asked the cast member at WDW dining to look into it. Sure enough, there were openings in JAN, DEC, it just didn't make sense. She checked with someone to see if there were tech issues, and found out that the dinner reservations, in fact, were not loaded. And, it was not a mistake. And, she didn't know when the dinner times would be loaded and available. :confused:

I think they should be up front about it and say the reservations will be loaded at a later date, and not 'There are no reservations available'. The only reason I could guess for this is to pad their other restaurant, Tutto Italia, before booking Via..... Anyone cast members out there know why this is done?

PopPhan
08-20-2010, 09:48 AM
This was probably NOT done purposely. Via Napoli has only just opened this month and is still being processed into the DDP system. It seems like this is an IT glitch that should be worked out quickly, but there have been concerns about this since they first opened the restaurant up for ADRs.

Patience and keep trying is all I can offer!

disneymom2000
09-05-2010, 06:52 PM
It appears the system is working now. I just requested a reservation for 7:00 on December 14th and got it. It also gave me alternate times.

LudwigVonDrake
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
That's why I tell people to keep trying if they don't get the reservation they want :wave:

RedSoxFan
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I have ADR for Via Napoli for Dec 16. No problem with getting it either and I did it on line.

SBETigg
09-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Via Napoli was good, a great choice for families. It's large, bright, and clean, not very fancy but fun. Good pizza at Disney! That's very exciting for a lot of us.

Our table had the individual sizes of the margherita, the four cheese, the veggie one, and the one with broccoli rabe and sausage. The margherita was the real stand out. The four cheese was very rich and even our cheese lover felt it was a lot of cheese. The veggie one has eggplant, squash, mushroom... I think they might vary veggies to season. It was good. The broccoli rabe-sausage, also good, but with an abundance of broccoli rabe and it became a tad overpowering. If you're not familiar with broccoli rabe, it's a bit like spinach on the pizza with a very bitter taste and a little goes a long way. The sausage was excellent but they need to tone down the broccoli rabe. The crust is fantastic. We only tried pizza here, but other menu items looked good too. We went right after Illuminations, and there was a big rush for the place after Illuminations. It went from empty to mobbed in minutes. But this was before they were taking ADRs and on a EMH night.

brownie
09-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I was able to make a dinner reservation for early December on the first day you could make reservations for Via Napoli.

It's probably a technical issue and not purposely done. The no reservations available message is probably the standard message and easiest to implement.