PDA

View Full Version : AKL pool hopping?

Disney4us2
08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
If you are staying at AKL Jambo House, can you use the pool at Kidani?

JPL
08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Not sure about regular guest but I know as a DVC Member I was able to use the pool at Kidani while staying at Jambo House. I am pretty sure any guest of the AKL can use the pool at Kidani just not 100%. I would ask the front desk at check-in.

TammiMcMan
08-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Initially, key card access was restricted to only those staying in Kidani, but recent guests have reported that guests of Jambo have been able to swim there. I believe you would need to take the bus over, as the walk is very far between the two.

DizneyRox
08-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Initially, key card access was restricted to only those staying in Kidani, but recent guests have reported that guests of Jambo have been able to swim there. I believe you would need to take the bus over, as the walk is very far between the two.
It's about 1/2 mile... The lock was absent on my recent trip, which seemed odd, just a normal pool gate lock. I think Jambo House guests have alway been able to use the Kidani pool though.

Dsnygirl
08-20-2010, 09:11 AM
When we were there last October, we were staying in Jambo House, and our pool had issues one day. The CM's told us that we could go over to Kidani, and I asked if that was only for this one time, or for regular use, and she said we could use Kidani's pool at any time. So I think you should be ok to go back & forth! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
08-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Does the bus run there frequently? If not I will load up my scooter (ECV) and just roll on over there.:mickey:

DizneyRox
08-20-2010, 10:09 AM
There is only one bus that goes from Jambo to Kidani, that's the DTD bus. All the others stop at Kidani first, then go to Jambo.

It's luck of the draw on when the DTD bus (or any bus for that matter) is going to show up. One time we were waiting for a bus for about 45 minutes at Kidani, another time I saw three DTD busses pull in one after another.

Frankly, it will probably be quicker to scoot over. The bus stop at Jambo is quite a ways in the opposite direction from Kidani, and then possibly the wait, the time to load onto the bus, etc. This is one of those times where I think getting yourself there would be faster than using Disney transport.

It is 1/2 mile, all on sidewalks and is very accessible. We walked it just about twice a day to get to the Mara, back and forth. Never a problem...

JPL
08-20-2010, 11:27 AM
In June they were running a Golf Cart to Kidani from Jambo House for guests.

mrmcgiv
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM
we were there last week and stayed at Jambo. We were able to use kidanai whenever we wanted to. I asked the lady at the podium right outside the front doors of Jambo how to get there and she called the lady on a walkie talkie to bring the tram/golf cart over for us. She was there in 5 minutes and took us right over!