PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke @ Kimonos @ the Swan

DisneyDINK
08-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there has any comments about either dining or drinks and Karaoke at Kimonos. Anyone know what time karaoke begins there?

DisneyDINK
08-19-2010, 03:05 PM
also, any other karaoke places at WDW?

Scar
08-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Don't know what time it starts, but I think it's kinda late (although they may have different times. :shrug:) The karaoke is like anywhere else, mostly bad but an occasional winner. Not crowded at all when I was there. The food was great and the drinks were... well, drinks.

greengeen
08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Karaoke starts at 9:00pm. Some nights only the karaoke hostess sings, other nights there are customers who clearly do it as a hobby who get up and sing. All good fun.

The food and drinks are A+, in my opinion, better than our best sushi place at home. But a little pricier. We go at least once every trip, and the waitresses greet us like old friends, which is kind of cool. The only downside is that if there's a conference going on at the Swan or Dolphin, the place is sometimes overrun (or even closed for private parties).

Melanie
08-19-2010, 07:44 PM
So it's good sushi? We almost ate there when we stayed there back in June. I'm craving good sushi, after having the BEST while living in Japan. Tokyo Dining is very, very good, but looking for some other alternatives.

Scar
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Mel,

I only had a small sampling of sashimi, a roll of some sort, and a couple other things I don't even remember (I was sharing and it was after a long day at World Showcase, so take this review at what it’s worth, :blush: ) but I do remember everything was very good.