PDA

View Full Version : Ressies: What else would you choose?

NokOnHarts
08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
These are the reservations I currently have. Give me some more suggestions of Not To Miss dining experiences. Party will be 3 (or 4) adults, one 2 year old. We seems to veer towards those near MK or EP, restaurants that are near/in the parks are preferred.

Ones I have:

- Via Naoli (dinner)
- Chef Mickey's (dinner)
- Crystal Palace (breakfast)
- Le Cellier - (dinner)
- Cinderella's Castle - lunch
- Coral Reef - lunch

What is another not to miss? Thanks!

faline
08-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Are you on the dining plan and looking to stay with 1 table service sites? Or are you open to those that use up 2 table services?

yjgirl32
08-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Ohana's Loved the atmosphere and food.

Pop Centurion
08-18-2010, 11:23 PM
1900 Park Fare Breakfast. It's a nice place for the adults with good food and the characters will keep the 2 yr old from getting cranky.

Boma for dinner - Great food that's not typical of other restaurants but without being too exotic. Also either before or after dinner you can got out the rear entrance and watch the animals.

Hoop-De-Doo - Overall fun time. People describe the show as having corny jokes but I think that's what makes it so great because they pull it off so well. They get laughs out of people rather than have them roll their eyes and feel that it's too corny. The food doesn't blow you way but it's very satisfying.

NokOnHarts
08-19-2010, 12:33 AM
We're on the dining plan, so would probably prefer restaurants that are 1 credit but would consider a 2 credit depending on the experience. We may add 1 more day to our stay and can't decide where we should go to use our last sit down credit. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Disney4us2
08-19-2010, 01:12 AM
We love Teppan Edo in Epcot:thumbsup:

applecore72
08-19-2010, 03:44 AM
I like both Ohana's and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast (actually prefer those over Chef Mickey's).

As someone else posted; Boma's is great for dinner but far away from MK and Epcot.

I like San Angel in Mexico - it feels special to me and we've always been lucky with the food.

I also liked the dinner at Whispering Canyon - if you have kids - it's great! WL is a good place to stroll around before and efter dinner (if you're not staying there of course)

2MuchWDFun
08-19-2010, 08:07 AM
If you're spending a day at AK, or going there in the afternoon consider Yak and Yeti--great variety-tasty food-request a 2nd floor table for the view.

Our family loves Marrakesh in Morocco in EPCOT (lunch or dinner). Excellent flavors. Something for everyone. Love the ambience--feels like you have been transported to another country.

disneymomma2010
08-19-2010, 10:12 AM
As some of the others have said, we love wispering canyon, character breakfast at ohana, and dinner at boma.

We do the dining plan too and Wispering canyon and Ohana are very good entertainment, food, and atmosphere, in our opinion, for a 1 credit ts. And boma has good food, and its a nice resort if you never have seen it before. We are doing all of these again in october. Still trying to find the perfect choice for our last day though.

October 2010- CBR
2009- Pop Century
2007- off site
2003- ASM
1998-POFQ

akaDisneyDreamer
08-19-2010, 03:07 PM
We just got back from our trip and really enjoyed Les Chefs de France for lunch and Nine Dragons for dinner. Also liked Yak and Yeti and Tutto Italia very much. We also ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney on the evening before seeing Cirque du Soleil (sp? lol) and the macadamia crusted chicken was amazing! Rose and Crown was very good, but we weren't really weren't planning on having a 2 hour lunch (!!!) which cut deeply into our plans!

NokOnHarts
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all the tips! My husband loved the idea of Boma and was able to snag that for dinner on a EMH evening at AK.

If you had to choose between Coral Reef or Via Naoli - suggestions? I know it's new so most have not eaten there yet. Coral Reef I was really going for the atmosphere. I know my 2 year old would LOVE the tanks. Food I have read is iffy. If I have to get rid of one of those, I'm not sure which at this point.

Ohana sounds fun but not crazy about the character selection for breakfast.

faline
08-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Kona's at the Poly is very yummy!

NokOnHarts
08-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Can someone give me their opinion on if Chef Mickey's for breakfast or dinner is better? I ended up with both reservations and I can't decide which one to keep! Seems like breakfast gets better reviews but not sure if its a significant difference.

Bellerella
08-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Nine Dragons and Tutto Italia in epcot are always a can't miss for my family! We also tried Chefs de France this year, and we all loved it as well!! Although from my experience, it seems you can't go wrong with World Showcase food! Other table services we enjoy are Tony's at MK, Tusker House character breakfast and Yak and Yeti at AK, Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown disney, Kona Cafe at the Poly, and Boma at AKL. There are a ton of yummy options!! :mickey: