PDA

View Full Version : 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration without kids - Day 2

jans2kids
08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
It usually takes me a few days to start to relax on a trip and since I normally am up by 5:30 without need of an alarm, I woke up at that time this morning. I let DW sleep and I slipped out for a morning walk around the POP Century grounds and stopped by the food court for a cold drink. I was surprised how many people were there at 6:15.

Today's agenda has a heading for AK, arriving about 8:30, they let us in around 8:40 in time to see the Adventure Begins show with Mickey and Goofy. Normally we would rush to Everest to ride or get fast passes but this trip there was to be no rushing so we changed it up a bit and had a relaxing morning.

It's Tough to be a Bug was our first stop and we were in to see the first show of the morning. Next on the agenda was to see the Festival of the Lion King at 10 but on the way we stopped at Pizzafari for breakfast and had one of the dining rooms all to ourselves as we had a breakfast Pizza and 2 large Cinnamon Rolls. Both were very good, you could tell from the picture but the Pizza comes with peppers and our order taker was nice enough to ask if we wanted them which we didn't. Thanks for the heads up.

The Lion King show is my most favorite show to see and it gave me goose bumps still after seeing it 20 times. After exiting the show we watched Gi-Tar-Dan who walks around Camp Minnie-Mickey and finds children and sings songs about them using their name, and a few facts a parent may give him, if you ever see him walking around don't hesitate to stop and talk to him, it is priceless when he sings about your kids.

Now it was back across the park to Dinoland, we got a FP for Dinosaur while we then went to see Finding Nemo. This was only the 2nd time we saw this show as we didn't like it that much the first time, but this time we both enjoyed it more. From there it was already time to use the FP back over to ride Dinosaur.

We were getting hungry now and we always like be holding a FP for something while we take time out to eat so we got one for Kilimanjaro Safaris and then were going to eat at the Yak & Yeti counter service, but then decided to head to the Flame Tree and we split a Barbecue Chicken Meal.

Then it was back to the Safaris and for afternoon there were a lot of animals out, plus we had a very good guide. After the ride we took a quick walk through the Pangani Trail, but not a whole lot to see there, the main excitement was a male gorilla that kept beating on his chest quite loudly that got everyone's attention. The cast member said there was a female on the other side whose attention he was trying to get.

We headed back to POP and changed for a quick swim at the bowling pin pool. It was not a refreshing swim as the water was 85 degrees. About 4:00 some black clouds rolled in and we had some thunder but again no rain.

By 5:00 we were back on the bus headed for MK and a dinner at the Crystal Palace at 5:35, we were seated by 5:45. Our server had put a big HEART made of Mickey confetti on our table in honor of our anniversary. The food was ok but I enjoy their breakfast buffet much better although the desert bar was very good. We had plenty of opportunities for pictures with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.

After a big dinner we knew we didn't want to ride anything wild, so we headed for a boat ride in Small world as it would be closing for refurbishment in a few days. Then we took in the Hall of Presidents as it was closed last summer when they were adding President Obama. We sat front row, middle and were really able to see all the movements the Presidents were making.

Next was the Enchanted Tiki Room, and we had a 10 minute wait so I headed over to get a FP for Jungle Cruise, which we were able to use a few minutes after exit the Tiki Room.

It was now 9:05 and the Electrical Parade had already started at Main St and we knew it would be 15 minutes till it got to Frontierland, so we found a spot across from Country Bears next to a walkway, there was tape on the ground and we sat just inside the tape with a family in front of us. Just a few minutes before the parade was to start a French speaking man and his kids sat down in the walkway, well the cast member told them they couldn't sit there, so they stood up and as soon as he left they sat back down, well just as the parade was in view they told them to move again, but this time he pushed his kids up in front of the family that was in front of us and then tried to push us out of the way so he and his wife could sit down, I told him I had no place to move and he pretended he did not under stand me, we had some words but he refused to move, kind of took the magic out of the parade.

To get back in the spirit DW was waiting all night to get a Cream Cheese Pretzel at Scuttles Landing which was closed, but we did find them at the Launching Pad in Tomorrowland. As she ate it we walked back to Fantasyland and watched the Fireworks standing near Dumbo. The last thing we planned on doing was the Haunted Mansion, I had this notion about riding it at night to make it more exciting walking in and out of it in the dark.

We left the park close to 11:00, not to long of a line at bus stop and we were in bed by 12:00.

Tomorrow is a full day at Epcot and the to Downtown Disney.

faline
08-18-2010, 06:54 PM
When were you there? If you were there before Small World went down for refurbishment, we may have been there at the same time. Perhaps you were one of the anniversary couples we exchanged good wishes with during our anniversary trip?!

Too bad about the family who tried to crowd you during the Main Street Electrical Parade! I hate when that happens!

Still, overall it was another lovely day! Isn't it fun when you find your table decorated with Mickey confetti?

yjgirl32
08-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Aside from the very rude family it sounded like a great day. Also glad to hear that family didn't ruin your night.

Joannelet
08-18-2010, 08:21 PM
That is really neat that you got a chance to see a gorilla beating his chest like that!!! :) It isn't often you get to see that...I know I only had a chance to see that one time during the months that I was a cast member in AK :) It's something that I will always remember :)
What a rude family you encountered during the parade. I love when they pretend they don't understand the language! I know how a rude person like that could put a damper on your time....
I'm glad you shook it off the best you could afterwards :) I know that alone is hard to do.
Great trip report!

DizNee143
08-19-2010, 09:51 AM
ugh..someone always has to ruin a nice day..its amazing how they dont understand english until you use some curse words and then all of a sudden they speak and understand english fine..its unfortunately happened to me a few times and im always amazed by that! so they put a damper on things..but glad you got back into the spirit of disney so fast!!!

KylesMom
08-19-2010, 01:26 PM
What, you didn't want to be included in the masses running to E:E to kick-start your day?! LOL glad you were able to catch both FotLK and Nemo - both great shows.

We were there the same time as you, too. Unfortunately, while the pool was something, it sure didn't cool you down much with the blistering heat, basking in bath water!

Sorry about the parade fiasco. Frequent happenings such as this have pretty much taken the fun out of the nighttime parades for our family. We now prefer to catch them on the fly from afar - which is what we did with MSEP. Kudos to you for not letting them ruin your night.

Thanks for another great report! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
08-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Busy day!! Sorry about the "jerks" at the parade. I am sorry to say I do not have patience for rudeness like that and they would have moved after actions were taken! Can you continue this pace?:mickey: