PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space question

jdpip
08-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I only have a few more weeks and I'll be heading that way with my Aunt (she's never been!). She will want to ride everything and Mission Space makes me a little queasy sometimes, so can someone please tell me about the ginger gum or candy?

Thanks!

2MuchWDFun
08-17-2010, 06:20 PM
I got a little queasy the first time I experienced Mission Space. Alright-actually a lot! Definitely follow the tips given to reduce disorientation on the ride: keep your head back, stay focused on the clouds on take-off (don't look down or off to the side). I have found this helps a lot. They have nice cool fresh air blowing on you--so that helps too.
One of our trips I wore a scopolomine patch I had left over from a cruise Worked great. But it a little excessive. You can also try taking Bonine (I have been taking that to prevent motion sickness on my last two cruises). You should take the meds the day before as well as the day you plan to ride Mission Space (check the package for any drug interactions.)

I know my sister-in-law chews on the crystalized ginger candy before and after the ride. She said it helps to settle her queasy stomach. I personally have never done it.

faline
08-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Or just go on the less intense side. I'm fine with the original ride but that doesn't work well for my husband so we just do the other side which he tolerates well.

jdpip
08-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks much! I knew y'all would help! I might lean towards the less intense but she will want to go all out, so I'll go along with her!!! I will remember to do all the things necessary though.

MickeysEars
08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
When the ride first opened I warned not to go on it because I had recently had brain surgery, but that was years ago. Should I worry ot just go for it?

brivers222
08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I used to use this ride as my bi-yearly health check... if i survived I was Healthy

But now since its been 4 years and I really don't want to risk feeling nausous (haha) <-- forget that my fiancee hates centrafuges... I think i am going to have to settle for the less intense ride version.

What exactly is this version like. Do you even feel like you are lifting off? The thrust is like most of the fun, do you even get close to the same feeling just seeing the video monitors move?

faline
08-18-2010, 01:46 PM
When the ride first opened I warned not to go on it because I had recently had brain surgery, but that was years ago. Should I worry ot just go for it?

I would certainly check with the doctor before going on the ride.

faline
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I think i am going to have to settle for the less intense ride version.

What exactly is this version like. Do you even feel like you are lifting off? The thrust is like most of the fun, do you even get close to the same feeling just seeing the video monitors move?

The less intense side isn't bad. You don't get the same sense of pressure but you get all the visual cues. The setup is the same. I enjoy it.

brivers222
08-18-2010, 03:12 PM
cool i will definitely be giving it a shot then