PDA

View Full Version : Any limit to # of children on the free DDP?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-17-2010, 01:26 PM
All the pin codes and emails I get always base the estimated savings on 2 adults and 2 children. I guess what I need to know, is the free dining based on 1 free kid per adult or is it unlimited.

So if you were a family of 6 (two adults and 4 kids) would you get much more value from this offer than say a family of 3 (two adults 1 kid)?

We have 3 DD all between 3-9 and am wondering if 4 of us would be free and we'd have to pay oop for the 5th or if all of us would be free.

diz_girl
08-17-2010, 01:35 PM
The limit to the number of children should be the number of occupants in the room.

If you have 3 children aged 3-9, then you're either staying at the All-Star suites, Alligator Bayou at POR or one of the more expensive Deluxe resorts (not the standard rooms at WL or AKL). You can't stay at POP (or another non-suite Value room) with 2 adults and 3 or 4 or 5 kids in one room. You're limited to four people tops. The people on the DDP need to be registered in the room, so in any given room you should be limited to the number of people allowed to stay in the room.

So I think that you all should be eating free, but I'm not positive. Someone more knowledgeable than me will come along to comfirm.

PopPhan
08-17-2010, 01:36 PM
You are only limited by the number of occupants allowed in the room - for most rooms, 4 persons age 3 or above.

You would need two rooms, or a Family Suite at All Stars, for your family, but would receive 3 adult DDP and 3 child DDP (they would be QSDP for All Stars Family Suite) free of charge. [Someone will jump in here and say that it is not free of charge because you would be paying "rack rate" for the room, but that is another post altogether!!]

TheRustyScupper
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
We have 3 DD all between 3-9 and am wondering if 4 of us would be free and we'd have to pay oop for the 5th or if all of us would be free.

1) Nope, you could all be covered.
2) BUT, you must stay within the occupancy rules for the room.
3) Five people can only stay in a limited number of WDW resort rooms.
4) In other words, you can't squeese five into a four capacity room.
5) Unfortunately, Disney's penalty for having more than 2-adults & 2-kids.

Disney1977
08-17-2010, 09:11 PM
As a family of five we are taking advantage of free dinning this January. We are staying at Fort Wilderness in the cabins. Fort Wilderness is really nice for families, you can put the children to bed in the back bedroom. And you have a full kitchen for making breakfast.

Have fun planning.

lighteningqueen
08-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes, to your answer. You must list all your children's names on the reservation. This way you all get to eat free. or each person gets a credit for each day each meal etc. But you will have to stay in the family suits which by the way are wonderful.... 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's and the living room thing are the best. Just hate to come in and have to sit on a bed to do anything. BUT... ALL will be free if you list them on your reservation. Hiding one would not be in your best interest. But 6 are allowed in the suites