PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse or Coral Reef?

disneymomma2010
08-17-2010, 11:24 AM
The day we are going to Epcot we have reservations for the Coral Reef (which we never have ate before) for lunch. We are going with the family and they would rather eat dinner instead of lunch(which coral reef is booked). So I have heard Yachtsman Steakhouse is good. Is it worth it to leave the park to eat there and come back? I am booking 7:10, does that leave enough time to make it back by 9 for the fireworks?

Pigtunia
08-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Yachtsmen is actually walking distance from EPCOT. Just walk exit the park at the International Gateway (to the right, between UK and France), and walk about 5 minutes along the path. You'll really like Yachtsmen!

The 7:10 ADR should have you back in time, but if you're really concerned you could bump it back to 6:45.

If you're thinking of an either/or proposition, I would say ditch Coral Reef...it's just 'meh'.

Carolanne
08-17-2010, 01:29 PM
I like both restaurants, but I'd take the Yachtsman over Coral Reef.

And like PP said, if time is a concern, you might want to try bumping your ADR back to 6:45.

pox24
08-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Steak!:thumbsup:

disneymomma2010
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=Pigtunia;2089298]Yachtsmen is actually walking distance from EPCOT. Just walk exit the park at the International Gateway (to the right, between UK and France), and walk about 5 minutes along the path. You'll really like Yachtsmen!
That's great, we wont have to worry about catching the bus!

The 7:10 ADR should have you back in time, but if you're really concerned you could bump it back to 6:45.

I tried to get one for 6:30 but my only options were 5:00 or 7:10. I wouldnt mind 5 but some of the family that is going with us like to eat later.

Thanks. Can't wait to try it .:eat:

disneymomma2010
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
oh no! i just discovered that Yachtsman Steakhouse is 2 table credits on the dining plan! i didn't know that! Im gonna have to cancel. Should i eat at Captain's Grill instead? Or any other suggestions? I am having such a hard time booking a good place to eat the evening we go to epcot.

big blue and hairy
08-17-2010, 06:39 PM
oh no! i just discovered that Yachtsman Steakhouse is 2 table credits on the dining plan! i didn't know that! Im gonna have to cancel.

I would suggest you not cancel. Instead, how about you replace another meal with a cs instead of a sit down? YS is a very good restaurant and I would most definitely recommend it over Coral Reef.

:sulley:

disneymomma2010
08-17-2010, 06:51 PM
We dont want to do that. We love all of our other reservations. Just having a hard time knowing where to eat at Epcot. Its our last day so we want it to be good. The family we are going with only want dinner ressies, not lunch, so the places we know that we want to eat are booked. First we had San Angel Inn but i read alot of bad reviews so i cancelled, then tried Le Cellier, booked of course, then booked coral reef, which only had lunch available, so now trying to look for a place for dinner that isnt booked that is good. Guess i shouldnt be so picky!:confused:

sherriepaul
08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Teppan edo, or one of the french restaurants? Try them?

disneymomma2010
08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
We ate at Teppan Edo last year and really liked it but we wanted to try something different this year. Im gonna keep trying for Le Cellier but i know there is only a small hope in that coming available. We are also celebrating 7 Year olds birthday so keeping the kids in mind. This is what we have:
Friday- wispering canyon dinner (ate there last year and loved it)
Saturday- going to mk and eating character breakfast at ohana ( last year and loved it)
Sunday- HS , character breakfast at hollywood and vine
Monday- Animal Kingdom, dinner at Boma (also a fav)
Tuesday- Epcot, ? lunch at coral reef?, or dinner at captains grill? or who knows?:confused:

Carolanne
08-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Would your consider paying OOP for one of your TS meals (maybe one of the 1-credit meals)?

DH & I have eaten at the Captain's Grille & really enjoyed it. We had a great experience there.

disneymomma2010
08-18-2010, 04:13 PM
We are really looking for something with more of a steak variety. The menu of the Maya Grill looks really good. Would it be too far to travel from Epcot if we want to eat there for dinner? Would it be worth it? Or should i just stick with a place in Epcot?

RedSoxFan
08-18-2010, 04:21 PM
We couldn't get ADR's at LeCellier either. So we are going to Captain's Grille. The menu looks great and I heard the food was good too.

LudwigVonDrake
08-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Yachtsman for steak :tasty:

DisneyDoug2
08-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Go for the steak!

diz_girl
08-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I'd recommend that you pay OOP for 'Ohana and keep Yachtsman. Using TS credits for breakfast (especially) or for lunch doesn't give you the most value for the credit.