PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach Resort

sydneymouse
08-16-2010, 11:55 AM
We are considering going to Vero Beach in mid May. We would have a 5 and 7 year with us. Are there enough activities there for that age group? Do you pay for everything or are some activities free? Also, is Orlando the closest airport? Thanks.

chefmickey3
08-16-2010, 02:07 PM
We were just there in July and my boys loved it! I have three boys (8,6,and 4). Most things are free - unbirthday party, pool games, borrowing board games, campfire. Some things require a small fee - golf $1 per person or $5 for length of stay, some arts and crafts activities. If they enjoy science, for $20 each sign up for the turtle troop - we watched a sea turtle nest be dug up and helped count the eggs - very hands on. But honestly, the pool and the beach are amazing and you won't need to do much else! Dinner at Shutter's was nice. We were afraid there would not be enough to do and we left wishing we had more time! Feel free to send me a PM if you want any further specifics.

gwfx1031
08-16-2010, 06:11 PM
We went last October and loved it. There is plenty to do with kids. It is the same time/distance from Orlando's and Fort Launderdale's airports. We found a better rate into FLL and went with that.

LittleLady
09-02-2010, 12:52 PM
You will love Vero. My children are 6 and 13 and we always have plenty to do. As the other members have said, there are plenty of activities, poolside and other. There are water sport rentals and there is even a private park area with a lake through a tunnel in the front of the resort. Off site, there are some restaurants about 15 minutes away, some on the beach and some on the Indian River. We loved the food at Shutters and at the pool side snack bar. Have a wonderful time!
PS. The airport as West Palm Beach is closer to Vero, only about an hour away vs. Orlando which is two.:mickey: