PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards ???

jonsmom
08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Has anyone used their Disney Visa Rewards card to pay out of pocket expenses for dining?

Specifically, we have alot of $$ and I thought of using them for tips.

Thanks.

Figment104
08-16-2010, 11:29 AM
We've used them to pay for tips, drinks, and entire meals with no problem. When the server presents the bill just let them know how much you want them to deduct from the rewards card (if it's not the entire bill) and they'll swipe it just like a credit card. The receipt they provide will tell you how many rewards dollars you have left.

Hope that helps!

jonsmom
08-16-2010, 11:35 AM
We've used them to pay for tips, drinks, and entire meals with no problem. When the server presents the bill just let them know how much you want them to deduct from the rewards card (if it's not the entire bill) and they'll swipe it just like a credit card. The receipt they provide will tell you how many rewards dollars you have left.

Hope that helps!

Thank you.

MuchLovedMama
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I read on the rewards site though that it's only good a select places. I have printed off a list to take with me. Let me know if you need the link to there.

jonsmom
08-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I read on the rewards site though that it's only good a select places. I have printed off a list to take with me. Let me know if you need the link to there.

Would love the link! Thanks.

Tink1
08-16-2010, 03:12 PM

If you charge the dinners to your resort room key, you can then pay your bill with VISA reward credits. To me it is the easiest way to do it, then I am not worrying about lists.

Nanc

BigRedDad
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM
My understanding is that anywhere a credit card can be taken, you can use the Reward Card.

jonsmom
08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
If you charge the dinners to your resort room key, you can then pay your bill with VISA reward credits. To me it is the easiest way to do it, then I am not worrying about lists.

Nanc

What if you had the DDP, I was thinking you could use it for tips.

Tink1
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Same thing, I charge the tips back to the room!

Nanc

jonsmom
08-16-2010, 05:47 PM

Nanc

Great Idea!

LVT
08-16-2010, 08:17 PM
We did 15 days in May. No problem. I used up every penny by using 2 methods of payment for the last little bit. They are good at getting your money.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM

Nanc

Nanc

Ditto for me. I put EVERYTHING on the room account, because even if a location does not accept the Rewards Card or Gift Cards, they will always take a Room Card. Then during my trip I go pay the room account down with my Rewards Card, Gift Cards, or even Cash. Then I let the remaining balance charge to my Disney Visa at checkout, thus earning more Reward Points, and leading to the booking of another trip to use those newly acquired Reward Points - and this is what I call the Circle Of Life. :D:simba:

Also, if you loose your room key, it is easy to go to the first desk to straighten it out. If you loose your Rewards Card of a Gift Card, you are probably up the creek for the rest of your trip.

MuchLovedMama
08-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Would love the link! Thanks.

I sent you a private message with the link. I personally never set my room key up with charing privilages so I need the list but if you go that route then it sounds pretty easy.

jonsmom
08-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I sent you a private message with the link. I personally never set my room key up with charing privilages so I need the list but if you go that route then it sounds pretty easy.

Thanks so much!

brownie
08-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Nanc

I'll second this. Charge everything to your room and use your Disney Rewards to pay off the room charges. Or use them to pay of your room/travel package.

PopPhan
08-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I'll second this. Charge everything to your room and use your Disney Rewards to pay off the room charges. Or use them to pay of your room/travel package.

:ditto:

mickeefan
08-18-2010, 11:17 AM
:ditto::ditto: