PDA

View Full Version : New look to Alice in Wonderland & Star Tours

Disney4us2
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
The Alice in Wonderland attraction has a new look to the exterior. When you come out of the ride there are platforms going down the length of the leafy ramp down to the bottom. There is also a small wall on the right as soon as you come out and railings as well. I was told that it is for safety of the CM's who have to walk down the ramp. It kind of ruins the look of the attraction from the outside. Disney always says "Safety first". There were no changes to the inside part of the attraction.

There is also a wall up now around the Star Tours Attraction. I wonder if they are re-doing the exterior/interior queues? Maybe that is the reason for the wall.

NotaGeek
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
The Alice in Wonderland attraction has a new look to the exterior. When you come out of the ride there are platforms going down the length of the leafy ramp down to the bottom. There is also a small wall on the right as soon as you come out and railings as well. I was told that it is for safety of the CM's who have to walk down the ramp. It kind of ruins the look of the attraction from the outside. Disney always says "Safety first". There were no changes to the inside part of the attraction.

There is also a wall up now around the Star Tours Attraction. I wonder if they are re-doing the exterior/interior queues? Maybe that is the reason for the wall.
Star Tours is closed until next year for a complete re-do of the ride, including the film.

Do you have pics of the changes to Alice? Send me a PM as I would like to post them.

Disney4us2
08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Star Tours is closed until next year for a complete re-do of the ride, including the film.

Do you have pics of the changes to Alice? Send me a PM as I would like to post them.

I may go tomorrow. I have a guest ticket for Company D and since I am there already.... might as well go for a bit. I will take some pictures of Alice for you to post.

meldan98
08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
PM me and I can send you a link to a video of the Mad Hatter's reactions to the changes to the ride. I saw the changes when we went a couple of weeks ago before the ride reopened and some of what I saw I thought was the temporary screen to cover up the work they were doing. Alas, it's not. Mad Hatter described it perfectly in the video...it looks like a fumigation tent.

NotaGeek
08-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Here are some pics provided by Disney4us2 -- this looks awful -- really a sad day for the Rabbit Hole. :(

badkitty
08-20-2010, 03:27 PM
This looks awful! Alice was so cute and unique before. Now it is just ugly. Please tell me this is just for repairs and it will come down eventually...

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Pictures are one thing but experiencing it in person is another.

I think they did a decent job at appeasing OSHA for now while they decide what the permanent fix will be.

Rode the attraction on Wednesday and I didn't feel any less immersed. Actually the extended Castle completes it a bit for me. I always thought it odd when you come out you can look down at park guests. Now it is more hidden.

:smickey:

Patricia
08-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Ew.

This ride had the most unique exit of all the dark rides.. what a shame it had to be done this way.

Is this temporary? Because it looks like it wasn't even imagineered.

MegaDisney
09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
That looks temporary to me, if not :ack:

BrerGnat
09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
It looks pretty freaking awful in person. I saw it last week. It looks so cheap and fair-like.
:ack:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Ok. It has been stated that this is a temporary fix until it goes down for it's official refurb at which time imagineering is going to install a better solution.

That was my understanding anyhow.

:smickey: