PDA

View Full Version : One day at IOA - question on tickets/lines

WDW&MK
08-15-2010, 01:18 PM
We are taking one day out of our WDW vacation during free dining this Sept to go to IOA to see the new Harry Potter land. We've been to US and IOA before but not for several years (was to US prior to both thrill rides being added). My question is seeing we will only be there one day, does it make sense to get a hopper pass? Will we be able to do everything at IOA (minus the log/wet rides which we won't do) and have time for US, or should we just stick to IOA and skip US??:confused: It is just me and DH. We love roller coasters and thrill rides as well as we'll do ET etc. - just no soaking wet rides. What about the front of the line pass mid-week in Sept - do you think we'll need it??
We were going to do this little side trip last year as well, but decided against it due to price. When you start adding up the transportation, tickets, park hopper, front of the line - it's a small fortune for 1 day's entertainment. Let me know what you all think!
Thanks!!
Kari

NJGIRL
08-17-2010, 03:09 PM
IMO you couldn't do US & IOA in one day before HP opened. Now that HP opened I would say you might have a hard time doing IOA in one day without their express pass.

joonyer
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
And just a head's up, there is no express pass available for the Forbidden Journey attraction, even if you are staying at a Universal hotel. There is a single rider line, which I've heard is much faster, but on the other hand, the queue is reported by many to be worth the wait in itself.

WDW&MK
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the replies!!
Maybe we'll have to do the front of the line thing. Too bad it's not part of admission like at WDW.

andreallybadeggs
08-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Just a heads up on Forbidden Journey:
We did FJ mid day on last Sat. of July and expected to be in line for much longer than we were. Think it was just under an hour-- not bad and the queue was so great, once we got past the congestion at the entrance. Wish I had known (read a report later) that the biggest headache was trying to get a locker. Now know that
a) if you need a locker you can squeeze past the people trying to get them in the first little room-- there are quite a few more lockers around the corner but, even better,
b) just don't take anything (purse, backpack etc...) that needs to be left in a locker and you can pass up LOTS of riders. Just tell the workers you don't need a locker and they'll direct you around the masses.

NJGIRL
08-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Just a heads up on Forbidden Journey:

a) if you need a locker you can squeeze past the people trying to get them in the first little room-- there are quite a few more lockers around the corner

Great tip! Thanks

4myprincesses
08-25-2010, 03:14 PM
do you have to put small bags into lockers? I have a small camera bag (3inchx5inchx6inch) that I wear over my shoulder or around my waist when in the parks. It holds my camera, a pair of sunglasses, our tickets and my phone without much space to spare. This is likely the only bag we will have and I wonder if I will need to locker it. Also, how much do these lockers cost?

NJGIRL
08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I think the lockers are free or at least they used to be.