PDA

View Full Version : Will Tatooine Traders remain open?

MCeee
08-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Now that Star Tours is about to enter re-furb, does anyone know if Tatooine Traders (the souvenir shop at the end of the ride) will remain open? :secret: We'll be at WDW in November, and always enjoy a little shopping there.

Ksmith75
08-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Not sure, but in April the Muppets Vision 3D was closed for a refurb when we were there and the store was still open....

MCeee
08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey just a quick thanks for sending my post to an area where I'm sure to get lots of responses!!:confused:

JPL
08-15-2010, 10:30 PM
My guess is that it would remain open during the refurb since I can't imagine Disney missing out on the chance to sell Merchandise.

MCeee
08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
My thoughts exactly! Great minds think alike (or do they think for themselves)... whatever.
Thanks JPL!

RBrooksC
08-20-2010, 09:45 AM
While I cannot see into the mind's of those who make these decisions, I would offer this. The closure and refurb is of the RIDE.

The shop area is not part of the ride. All one does is enter the store from the back as opposed to from the front when one enters it from the park.

Disney would be able to close the ride and secure the back entrance to the store to complete the refurb while to affecting any of the store's operations.

CosmicRay
09-24-2010, 08:47 PM
We just got back from WDW last week and Tatooine Traders was in fact open for business. My DH and kids built light sabers there, so I would assume it's staying open. I would imagine it's a quite popular store and Disney isn't going to close a big selling store temporarily.:yoda:

Especially with the holidays coming up too! :trooper:

mickeyhunter
09-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I was at DHS and Tatooine Traders was in fact open so was the Jedi Training Academy!

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
That's good. I would like to try to replace my Jedi Training Academy hat when we're there. I got some bleach splotches on it a couple years ago and have only worn it for "dirty jobs" since then.

vws_and_disney
10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
It will be open.