PDA

View Full Version : boat rentals

beksy
08-14-2010, 06:09 PM
For our upcoming trip we are considering renting a boat one afternoon for the first time. We would like to do something that 3 adults can ride in, not the jet-ski type. Are there some of these available? What do you need to rent a boat (anything beyond a driver's license?)? Thanks!

Ed
08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
From WDW's website ~~

Sea Raycers by Sea Ray® boats, sailboats, SunTRACKER® pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats, pedal boats, kayaks and canoes are just a few of the available options for rent at various Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

•Disney's Beach Club Resort
•Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
•Disney's Contemporary Resort
•Disney's Port Orleans Resort
•Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
•Disney's Polynesian Resort
•Disney's Wilderness Lodge
•Disney's Yacht Club Resort
•Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
•Disney's Old Key West Resort
•Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
•Downtown Disney Marketplace

~~~~

There's no special license required, but they do (wisely) require that you wear personal flotation devices (PFDs, aka "life jackets") at all times. Beyond that, they expect operators to use a very healthy degree of common sense as far as maintaining the proper speed, operating close to other boats, staying well clear of larger boats, watching where you are going at all times, etc.

:sail:

Jillirose
08-14-2010, 09:59 PM
We rented a boat at WL on our last day there. It was a beautiful and relaxing way to say goodbye. The small ones were all out, so we got the Boston Whaler.

My DH piloted, just fine, with little experience. The only dicey moment was coming back into the dock area! We bumped into someone else, but no one seemed to care - I guess they are used to inexperienced boaters!

faline
08-15-2010, 05:33 PM
I'd suggest renting a float boat. Don't let their size scare you - they're pretty easy to navigate - even with little boating experience. They do offer a fair amount of room. I like them better than the whalers.