PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Cafe?

Kathy Jetson
08-13-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm confused. I've never been to Rain Forest Cafe are there 2 of them at WDW ? One at DTD and one at AK ? Are they the same menu and themeing or is one better then the other? Ds6 wants to go this Oct. I am more concerned with the themeing than the food we don't eat much. Thank you for any help!

AnnaMom
08-13-2010, 11:37 PM
They are the same menu and theming. I find the one at AK not as crowed as DTD

btharvey
08-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Rainforest Cafe has restaurants in 13 states and six foreign countries (including Dubai, of all places). They do vary in quality from location to location, and I'd pretty much agree that -- for the most part -- the DTD stacks up better than the AK, but that's due in part to the staff and their perception of clientele.

We used to go to one in TowsonTownCentre in Towson, Maryland, which was always nice, always good food.

I think they all have exactly the same theming, down to the thunderstorm, the gorilla, the leopard, etc.

Melanie
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I've been to a few different RFC's (including the one at Tokyo Disney Resort) and they are essentially the same theme-wise. I agree, the one at AK always seems less crowded than DTD. :thumbsup:

BayouTink
08-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I noted your said you DS is 6 years old. Being a mom of three boys you may want to look at the T-Rex Restuarant at DTD also. We usually drive to Disney and get there in time for dinner. We like to head to DTD to eat dinner and while we are waiting to be called we hang out at the LEGO store.

Kathy Jetson
08-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Thank you everyone! I have a reservation at AK. I didn't know if I would be missing out on anything the other one might have.

Kathy Jetson
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I noted your said you DS is 6 years old. Being a mom of three boys you may want to look at the T-Rex Restuarant at DTD also. We usually drive to Disney and get there in time for dinner. We like to head to DTD to eat dinner and while we are waiting to be called we hang out at the LEGO store.

We have a reservation at T-Rex we ate there last year and loved it!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Been to both AK and DD venues and Rainforests in other states. I agree they are all basically the same but the food (and service) is definitely better at some than others. I prefer the food at DD but agree that the AK venue is way less crowded and hectic. My kids prefer to eat at T-Rex at DD since they opened (and we have a Rainforest close to home). Sounds like the Rainforest at AK is a good choice for what you are looking for. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I've been to a few different RFC's (including the one at Tokyo Disney Resort) and they are essentially the same theme-wise. I agree, the one at AK always seems less crowded than DTD. :thumbsup:

How was the food at the Tokyo Rainforest? Was this RC different in any way from the ones in the states? Thanks

Melanie
08-14-2010, 06:29 PM
How was the food at the Tokyo Rainforest? Was this RC different in any way from the ones in the states? Thanks

Same menu. It was a very nice 'taste of home', if you will. We were living over there, so anything "American" was very welcome. There used to be a Planet Hollywood at the resort as well, but the second time we went, it was closed.

LudwigVonDrake
08-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I would forget the Rainforest and go with T-Rex :wave: