PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip, didn' think I would be going again so soon!

DisneyBarb
08-13-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm very excited to be putting up another pre-trip report!

A little background is we have gone as a famly of four every other year for the last 8 years. Our last trip was fantastic and did not think I would be back for a while since I no longer want to take the kids out of school. However, this past year has been tough, a good friend past away, my best friend almost died with blood clots in her lungs and another dear friend was diagnosed with M.S. and is having a bad stretch where she cannot get out of bed too much. My grandmother passed away also.. the last 3 happening within 2 months of each other...

So, I'am in the live for the moment attitude! Along with the kids getting older and me more sentimental, I decided to do a special trip with each child. My daughter pick NYC. My son (mini me) picked Disney! The sweet kid (12) wants my mom to come also who has taken care of her mother for the last 3 years. My dad isn't interested and my hubby is fine with going every other year.

I originally was going to schedule a "moderate" hotel, but since my mom is going decided to upgrade to a MK view at the Contemporary since she hasn't been in 27 years!

We are going Oct 22-25th (3 full days I assure you!). I was able to get reservations at Ohanasl LeCellier!! (lunch) and Chef Mickeys for breakfast.

We have the free dining plan and cannot wait to see it through my wonderful moms eyes!

Karen at MJ was wonderful as always and
although its only 3 days, I know that my son and I can give my mom one of the best trips she has had in a long time!:mickey:

yjgirl32
08-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Have a great trip!!! Be sure and report back.

Disney4us2
08-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Have a great trip.:mickey: Can't wait to hear all about it.

AnnaMom
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Have a wonderful trip! May the Good Lord Bless you always!

RedSoxFan
08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Have a magical trip.:mickey:

faline
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
What a great trip! How nice you get to enjoy it with your son and your mom!

BelleKP
08-14-2010, 09:17 PM
I love the idea of you doing a special trip with each of your children :cloud9: I hope to do that with my girls too, when they are older! (I sure hope they both pick Disney :D )
Have a wonderful trip . . . can't wait to read the trip report!

DisneyorBust
08-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Have a fantastic trip with your Mother and your son, what special memories await you!