PDA

View Full Version : When can we book culinary demonstrations?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know when we'll be able to book the culinary demonstrations that happen during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival? I'm eager to see what some of them are and to book one (or more) for the time we'll be there in October. RIght now, I can't seem to find any information other than the cost and what times of day they will be offered. Nothing yet on who/what or how to book. Thanks in advance for any help!!

SallyP
08-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi Wendy,
The details, who is speaking what days, for the culinary demonstrations and beverage seminars have not been released yet.

At the Sneak Peek dinner in July (a Table In Wonderland Event) we were told that TiW members, DVC members and Annual Passholders will be able to book online starting Aug 26. It will open to all others on Aug 28. Hopefully we will see the 'line-up' before then. If I receive any information from TiW I will post it.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
At the Sneak Peek dinner in July (a Table In Wonderland Event) we were told that TiW members, DVC members and Annual Passholders will be able to book online starting Aug 26. It will open to all others on Aug 28. Hopefully we will see the 'line-up' before then. If I receive any information from TiW I will post it.

Thanks so much! We are DVC members, so I'll keep that date in mind as we continue to plan for our trip in October.

VWL Mom
08-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Can you tell me how to get on the TIW mailing list. I've had a card for almost 2 years and never received anything.

SallyP
08-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Can you tell me how to get on the TIW mailing list. I've had a card for almost 2 years and never received anything.

I would email them at [email protected]
Let them know you would like to be on the email distribution list for special events and news.
Include your TiW number (the passholder numbers on the back of your TIW card), email address, physical address and telephone number.

Hope that helps!

BugeyedMuggy
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Are the culinary demos you are talking about the $8.oo ones that were about 45 mins . If so last year you had to sign up at the festival center not pre-buy thru Disney. We were not AP holders last year so if we can pre-buy this year it would be great.

VWL Mom
08-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I would email them at [email protected]
Let them know you would like to be on the email distribution list for special events and news.
Include your TiW number (the passholder numbers on the back of your TIW card), email address, physical address and telephone number.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Are the culinary demos you are talking about the $8.oo ones that were about 45 mins . If so last year you had to sign up at the festival center not pre-buy thru Disney. We were not AP holders last year so if we can pre-buy this year it would be great.

Yes, those are the ones I was talking about. We went to one last year and we were able to book it ahead of time on the Internet, however we didn't plan this far ahead last year, so I wasn't sure just when they would be announced. I like it that we'll be able to plan ahead. :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
08-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the info. Last year we were unable to book on the phone but we will keep an eye out for the online bookings. We have 8 people this year and want to be sure to get the ones we want.

BugeyedMuggy
08-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Just found info on another site you are now able to book the culinary demos & beverage seminars. There is not alot of info on what the food will be for each one. Just lists the chef & location.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I booked a couple of demonstrations for when we will be there. If you actually click on the button that says "register now" you will see the same listing of chef/demonstrators but most will have the food listed that each one will be covering. There is not a whole lot of information (pastry or duck or pork) but at least you'll get a little idea of what you're in for. I did notice there are 3 demonstrations each day and usually at least one of them is given by a Walt Disney World chef from an on-property restaurant. Often those didn't list the particular food, but I suppose you could at least get an idea of what type of food might be covered (Italian food by the chef from Tony's or English food from the chef that works in at EPCOT in the United Kingdom, etc...). Since we're DVC members, we were able to book at a discount which was $7 per demonstration. I think that's not bad for a 45 minute program with a tasting of the food/wine at the end. The same discount is given to TIW members and annual passholders. My son, who began culinary school last week, is very excited to attend. I'm not sure if I can post the link here, but if anyone wants to register for those culinary demonstrations, here is where you can go: Disney Food and Wine Festival Culinary Demonstrations (http://www.disneynow.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKWebId=0x89885092)