PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's League Makeover at MK

beckylovestink
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Just booked the pirate's makeover for my two kids for MNSSHP in September.
Has anyone ever done this?
The price seems reasonable...
any info from those who have done this would be appreciated!:party:

sneadhead
08-12-2010, 05:46 PM
My 6 year old son did this when we were there in May and LOVED it. It is very well done and worth every penny. We purchased the cheapest package (did not get a costume). They start off by assigning you a pirate name, which is how they address you for the rest of the experience. You then get in a chair and have your make-up applied, get your eye patch, earring, fake teetch, bandana, etc. You then go over to a "secret" room where you are given your sash and sword. You go in the secret room where you get to search for a "treasure" and have your picture taken. It was a great experience, and we will definitely do it again. My 10 year old daughter says she wants to do it next time, because it looked like so much fun. They also get to participate in a "pirate" parade around 2:00 with everyone who has had makeovers that day. I believe they just march around in front of the Pirates League. We didn't make it back over there, but it may be worth checking out.

MonoMan
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Our five year old did this in December and it was fantastic. We were surprised to find out that they were running a promotion so we received a discount because we were staying on property. We did the biggest package, complete with costume and photos. It was definitely worth it. The CMs are amazing and stay in "pirate" the entire time. I hope your kids enjoy it as much as our son did.

MickeysEars
08-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I wonder if they do more then one paerade because our appts is for 2:30 and the parade is what my dd is looking forward to. Maybe I need to call and check, anyone know?

misspriss
08-18-2010, 09:56 AM
From what I was told when I called and scheduled an appt for my DS9 was that the parade is at 4pm. And there is only one parade. So you should be fine with that appt time. :-)

MickeysEars
08-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks, it is very important to her. :mickey:

crltkcagle
08-18-2010, 10:54 PM
My three boys are looking forward to this in May!