PDA

View Full Version : What extra activities should I plan?

Wall-e
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
We will be taking our first trip to WDW in October 2011. I was so excited to see the rates have been released. My dh and I will be traveling with our two kids ages 9 & 6. We will be there for 10 days. I am trying to think of a few small activities to plan besides the parks. I don't really think I want to do a tour this trip. So far I am thinking about MNSSHP, water park, little boats on the lake or a carriage ride. I will not be able to do all of them. I am sure there are somethings that I don't even know about. Being that it is our first trip will the parks and resorts keep us busy enough with out extra activites? Any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome! Thanks!

Tick-Tock
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
You'll probably be busy enough without a lot of extra activities. But you could send the kids on a Pirate Cruise (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp).

DonaldsBFF
08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
We always enjoy the an early morning horseback ride at FW. Also the carriage rides at PO are great and romantic, i think you can even bring a drink on with you.
Watching the electric parade on the beach at the Poly and then Wishes is great too, and free!
There are so many extra special things to do but never enough time to all you want!
I will say that the last time I tried to pack to many extras into the trip and it wasn't the same. Too many time constraints on everything.

kemps@wdw
08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Try the Hoop-Dee-Doo. We've done it EVERY year we've been to WDW and already have ressies to do it again this year. The little boats are great, horseback riding @ FW, resort hopping sounds good, mini golf, Disney Quest, the list goes on, There is sooo much more to WDW than just the parks!

magicalmom
08-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Has your family ever played mini-golf at WDW?

azcavalier
08-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Just my $.02. If this is your FIRST trip to WDW, I wouldn't do many extra things at all. OK...I wouldn't PLAN many extra things. Things like carriage rides you don't have to plan for. You jsut say, "Hey, that looks like fun...let's do that!" and you do.

Hoop-Dee-Do is a lot of fun. We did it years ago, and are doing it again in October.

I would compile a list of things that you could do (mini golf, DisneyQuest, things around your resort) and if you guys get tired of the parks, pull that out and see where you want to go.

Gusgus
08-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I also suggest mini-golf at Winter Summerland
Carraige ride at Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness
Balloon ride DTD
Fishing excursion
Parasailing

BayouTink
08-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Just my $.02. If this is your FIRST trip to WDW, I wouldn't do many extra things at all. OK...I wouldn't PLAN many extra things. Things like carriage rides you don't have to plan for. You jsut say, "Hey, that looks like fun...let's do that!" and you do..

I concur...on your first trip I would just play it by ear. As many times as we have been, I rarely plan anything special. There are so many surprises, like Devine at Animal Kingdom, "Blood Sweat and Shears" at Magic Kingdom, and the Concert Series at Epcot, that I just prefer to enjoy the moment and not worry about where I need to be next.:mickey: