PDA

View Full Version : Floor Choice questions?

SandmanGStefani24
08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Going back and forth on resort choices like always. (it's what I do.)

First question, can you select what floor you are on? I wanted highest floor, for example.

Second question, since the values are so noisy and I can hear conversations from both adjacent rooms, and all three rooms above me does being at the top cut down on any of this? Or am I just better off at a moderate?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
You can request top floor, but Disney does not guarantee room requests, but if you ask for top floor and don't specify a building you're most likely going to get it.

Honestly, I've never noticed too much of a noise issue in the values, but the thickness of the walls at the moderate doesn't seem too different. We usually stay on the top floor and have never had any noise issues. Maybe that's why.

BigRedDad
08-12-2010, 07:15 AM
For us, we prefer first floor. Outside noise does not bother us too much. When we are in our room, we are there to sleep. We are so exhausted, noise would not keep us up at that point.

I would say that if you have a 1st floor room closer to traffic areas (pool, ice, vending, elevator) it will be louder than other places.