PDA

View Full Version : CBR vs Riverside

ledudes
08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm wondering which most people would prefer between these two. Is Riverside as large as CBR? We are torn between a pirate room or POR, but we don't love long walks to buses etc.

CleveRocks
08-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm wondering which most people would prefer between these two. Is Riverside as large as CBR? We are torn between a pirate room or POR, but we don't love long walks to buses etc.You won't have a long walk to a bus stop at either resort. POR has 4 internal bus stops and CBR has 7.

Choose the theme you want, rather than thinking about buses and size, because OTHER than theme, there's very little difference between these resorts. POR has the plus of a boat to Downtown Disney. CBR has the plus of being able to rent a boat and sail around the lake.

Mitzie
08-12-2010, 08:19 AM
We have stayed at both and liked POR better. It was all about theme. We were in the AB section and loved the style of buildings and the wondering paths. Both are large resorts but we were never far from a bus stop. I liked the food court in POR better as well. I can't speak for the TS places. We didn't eat at Shutters, and when we ate at Boatwrights, it was for breakfast which they do not serve any more. If you have little ones though CB has a great kids area near the pool. I found POR to feel more peaceful. And as posted the boat ride to DTD is very nice. Sorry not alot of help...hey it's Disney, can you really go wrong>:thumbsup:

wdwvacationeer
08-12-2010, 08:27 AM
We have stayed at both and like them each for different reasons. Last year we stayed at CBR and thought it was nicer than we remembered. We stayed in a Nemo themed room that was nicely updated and the kids LOVED the refurbished pool.

yjgirl32
08-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I too agree they both have something I like- love the boat to DTD and the peacefulness and CBR has a really cool theme and pool. Either way you will not go wrong.

SurferStitch
08-12-2010, 09:47 AM
We've stayed at both twice, and will be returning to CBR in October.

We strongly disliked POR due to issues with cleanliness, rude and lazy CM's and poor room condition. We stayed in Parterre Place both times.

We've had very clean and bright rooms at CBR, and love the walk from Aruba to the food court. We had a Nemo themed room which was so colorful and tropical, so I can't comment on the pirate themed rooms, but they look great, too.

Darbylew
08-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I like CBR. The food court is good and the main
pool is great. The buildings are so colorful. The
beach and lake are nice. Ask for a room near
the food court and main pool. I think you will
enjoy CBR. POR is nice as well and has a great
food court and a boat to DTD. Both resorts are
spread out but there are bus stops with each
group of buildings. Whichever you choose it will
be a wonderful time in the land of Mickey and
the Magic. :mickey:

goofy-4-disney
08-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Of the two, CBR is my favorite. I like the theming and the food options better. Its a very relaxing resort to stay at. Never had a problem with long walks to get to the Old Port Royale or the bus stops. Cant go wrong with CBR!

disneymomma2010
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I like CBR. The food court is good and the main
pool is great. The buildings are so colorful. The
beach and lake are nice. Ask for a room near
the food court and main pool. I think you will
enjoy CBR. POR is nice as well and has a great
food court and a boat to DTD. Both resorts are
spread out but there are bus stops with each
group of buildings. Whichever you choose it will
be a wonderful time in the land of Mickey and
the Magic. :mickey:

if you want a pirate room they are only in the trinidad south building which is one of the farthest buildings from the food court and pool. i know because we have a pirate room booked for october too, i wanted to be close to the pool but after i found that out i decided that i would try it anyway, i think its only a 10 min walk from what i have heard. we cant wait!

beckylovestink
08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
been to both but love POR's lazy atmosphere. We have never had an issues at either.
we are returning to POR in 44 days!:party:

Mickey91
08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
We strongly disliked POR due to issues with cleanliness, rude and lazy CM's and poor room condition. We stayed in Parterre Place both times.

We also had an issue with the cleanliness at POR. Plus, we had someone else's luggage and had to go with the CM to baggage area. We then had to wait over an hour before we could return to our room. The CMs were rude and acted like we were causing them a problem instead of the other way around. After all, we could have decided it was nice luggage and kept it!:thedolls: It wasn't our problem, we did the right thing and called them to come get it, it cost us a lot of sleep our first night there.

We did like everything else though. The ambiance was one of the best! We are staying at CBR next week. I'll let ya know what we think when we get back!:mickey:

beksy
08-13-2010, 06:11 AM
We have stayed at both and it all comes down to the theming we are in the mood for. Both foodcourts were good, we enjoyed the theming and had very helpful CMs at both. I think CBR has a slight edge for me because I enjoyed the walk over the island and around the water and seeing bunnies each night as we came "home." If I am staying in the POR area I prefer POFQ. I have only stayed in the AB side so I may change my mind when we get to the mansions one day! On the other hand, my sister prefers POR slightly over CBR. She liked the boats to DTD. So I'd look at pictures, the Intercot resort info area, and even see what is available at both (at CBR we ended up with a king size bed being the only thing available) and then make a decision. One other tidbit of info, both stores are great! :blush:

#1donaldfan
08-13-2010, 12:35 PM
You won't have a long walk to a bus stop at either resort. POR has 4 internal bus stops and CBR has 7.

Choose the theme you want, rather than thinking about buses and size, because OTHER than theme, there's very little difference between these resorts. POR has the plus of a boat to Downtown Disney. CBR has the plus of being able to rent a boat and sail around the lake.

Actually, you can rent boats at POR and float down to the DtD area water as well !!:mickey:

ledudes
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone. We have stayed at CBR years ago and we love POFQ so we will probably try Riverside for a change since teh sizes sound about the same. We do love the boat to DD.

RAIDER
08-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Personaly I prefer the CBR ,the atmosphere is very relaxing and i love outlay of the place :thumbsup: