PDA

View Full Version : Which would u choose?

mickeymousedabomb
08-11-2010, 07:45 PM
If given the choice to eat at either Teppon Edo or Les Chefs de France which would you choose? Keeping in mind that both would be a new dining expierence on the dpdlx. Thanks for all the input!

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 07:51 PM
To be honest I am not a fan of asian cusine so my answer is a bit biased. I would go to Chefs de France. That being said I have eaten at neither but have heard good things about Chefs and not too much about Teppan. Either way it's a dinner in Disney! If you can why not try both? Maybe lunch at Chefs with Remy and a late dinner at Teppan?

faline
08-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Hard choice. We had a lovely dinner at Teppan Edo in May. Just a week or so ago, we had a terrific dining experience at Les Chefs de France - which offered a 3-course meal for a fixed price. From a financial standpoint, I'd have to give the edge to Les Chefs de France who honored our Tables in Wonderland discount while Teppan Edo did not. From an ambience standpoint, Les Chefs also comes out ahead. At Les Chefs de France, we were seated within 5-10 minutes of our reservation time while at Teppan Edo, we waited for 30-45 minutes before being seated VERY late for our reservation (While this may have been an anomoly, it still colors the overall experience).

sassy2000
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I have not eaten at Teppan Edo before so I'm a little biased but we enjoyed Chefs de France. In fact we are going there again in October. The food was really good and they have one of the best dessert menus IMO. I can eat at a hibachi grill in Mobile, so I have a hard time paying the high price for Disney's version.

Melanie
08-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Teppan Edo!!! :sumo:

tundramom
08-11-2010, 08:29 PM
We eat at Teppan Edo every trip, always a great experience. I have contemplated Chefs purely to satisfy my daughter's desire (loves everything French), but I don't think there is a thing on the menu I would eat except chicken, and honestly, I can get that everywhere. I definitely appreciate the fresh hibachi fare over anything sauced.

SBETigg
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I love them both. It depends on what you have nearby at home. Teppan Edo is fun with good food, but not unlike any other hibachi steakhouse type place (we have 4 within easy driving distance at home). We don't have a good French bistro or cafe nearby, and I do love Chefs de France. If trying either for the first time, without a hibachi steakhouse at home, I would tip it to Teppan Edo.

magicalmom
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
If you are dining with kids, and don't have a Beni Hana's or something similar near you, I recommend Teppan Edo. It's a lot of fun.

For adults only, Les Chefs de France is more romantic by far.

Neither was the best meal I've ever had, but both were very good.

andreallybadeggs
08-11-2010, 09:24 PM
We would prefer Chefs because our local Japanese hibachi restaurant is far better (food, service, entertainment, atmosphere) than any we've tried elsewhere including Teppan. That being said, I agree that if this is not something you and the children can experience close to home it would be a fun choice.

brownie
08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
We haven't eaten at either one, but I would pick Les Chefs de France for the opportunity to see Remy.

AllDisney
08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
One vote here for Les Chefs:number1:

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2010, 06:29 PM
We love both, but have to give the edge to Teppan Edo. The food was so good when we ate here. As a matter of fact DH has requested Teppan Edo for our upcoming March trip. With so many places in Epcot that we haven't tried yet we had decided not to do any repeats till we'd tried them all, but DH (me and DSs too) really want to eat at Teppan Edo again. So we'll try a new place for lunch one day and then do Teppan Edo for dinner one day on that trip, and we are all looking forward to it.

Disney4us2
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Teppan Edo!!! :sumo:

Ditto:thumbsup:

Love the sumo:D

Pop Centurion
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Both are good but I prefer Teppan Edo.