PDA

View Full Version : Adventurers Club as a dinner club?

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I would love to see the Advenuturer's Club reopen as a dinner club. What do you think?

Madame Leona
08-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I had to vote "hate it" just because I don't "love it." I would just be happy if it was restored to all of its original, fun loving glory.

vicster
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I had to vote "hate it" just because I don't "love it." I would just be happy if it was restored to all of its original, fun loving glory.

Absolutely - with the moose head on the wall singing the beer song!!!

SurferStitch
08-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I think if it's made into a dinner club it will lose its fun and charm because it will have to be made too kid friendly. I really miss the AC, but if it can't be what it was, and adult club, then I'm not really interested. I had to vote "hate it", even though I don't exactly hate it....just don't want it.

AvaNellMouse
08-12-2010, 01:34 AM
I think if it's made into a dinner club it will lose its fun and charm because it will have to be made too kid friendly.

Okay, can I change my vote to "Hate It"?

I guess I was picturing something akin to the Brown Derby but with the snarky attitude and humor of the Adventurer's Club.

I miss it terribly and long for the opportunity to refill my official AC canteen from the comfort of my elephant stool at the bar. My sister and I might have attended one-too-many library sessions one night and I can still hear her saying, "heyyyyy, I'm getting shorter or you are getting taller..."
:secret:

KAT1811
08-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I guess I was picturing something akin to the Brown Derby but with the snarky attitude and humor of the Adventurer's Club.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't want it to change at all from it's original state. I would like to to stay as kid friendly as it always was, not so much so but you could bring a child if you felt it necessary.

I'm thinking like the dinner clubs of years gone by. A stage where the show goes off, tables around maybe even some booths a step up like they used to have. Then behind the booths a bar area where those that would like to wander in for a drink could be.

I certainly do not think it needs to be corny and kidish like the HDDR.

SurferStitch
08-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I didn't even mean it has to be corny....I mean too kid friendly. The AC really wasn't a place to bring children (even though too many adults did) because the humor did get a little too adult later in the night. The interaction was definitely different when there were no kids in the crowd than when they were there. The actors would even comment on how they had to tone it down with the "little ones" around.

One of the biggest things the AC had fun with was drinking....Not that everyone turned into drunken fools, but alcohol was a central theme they talked about, sang about, joked about, etc. You had a maid who was a little "eager" with the men, and male characters who lusted after the maid in her micro mini dress.

Plus, if you would have a table in the library, you would be able to see a great show during dinner, sure. But, if you're in the salon, you wouldn't get anything near the scale you would in the library. So, now you have diners in the salon upset that their kids didn't get to see the big show, and diners in the library upset that their dinner was interrupted by a big loud show. And, if you got a table upstairs, you wouldn't see much of anything other than a wandering character or two. See where I'm going?

I guess you could gut the place and make it one large room on the bottom level, but then you lose the charm of the place. But, at least everyone gets the same experience.

I guess for many of us who remember what the AC was about, a dinner club would be a letdown. For those who never really experienced an entire night at the AC, a dinner club is probably a great idea.

magicalmom
08-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I think an AC dinner show could work if the audience moves from space to space: arrive at your ADR time for a scene along with drinks and appetizers in balcony and bar, then into the library for dinner and a second scene. Reconfigure the building so that dessert and coffee can be served in the little rooms off the bar and a couple more like them. This way, you have three groups of audience being entertained at a time. Offer different but related and sequential Acts in each space, the way mystery trains do.

In order for the timing to work, menu selections would need to be made at the time of making reservations, which is what at least some of the other Orlando dinner shows do.

The material is easy to deal with: a family friendly script for the first few groups, and after that, the more adult script. The second script begins on the balcony, and follows the initial adult audience group through the rest of the spaces. Disney performers are really wonderful; they won't be fazed by remembering two scripts.

They could offer special scripts from time to time - imagine A Kungaloosh Christmas!

I think it's really about what Disney wants to do with some very valuable real estate. After that, it's Imagineering and theater, and nobody does either of those things better than Disney.

MickeysEars
08-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Oh who cares how they do it, JUST REOPEN IT!!

Kongaloosh!

WDWNut02
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Bring back the Club!!! Exactly how it was please :tiphat:

mermaidmarian
08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Somewhat off topic, but what I don't understand is why they closed it when they did just to have it sitting empty there for a year and a half?