PDA

View Full Version : ADR Cancellation Question

Mister421
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
We made ADRs as soon as we could for our vacation. We now have people that will not be attending at the last moment. Are there any fees involved because we are decreasing the size of the party?

Strmchsr
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
No. Just call and make the change.

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 08:01 PM
The only time WDW charges for a decrease in party size is when it is at a restaurant that requires a deposit when booking and you are less than 48 hours out. That being said I think there are only 4 that I can think of off the top of my head in all of WDW.

If anything you'll be making another party very happy opening up the space!

disneymom2000
09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I love the people who are considerate enough to call and make the changes or cancellations when they know in advance things have changed. Thank you. And welcome to Intercot.:welcome:

Jared
09-12-2010, 09:19 AM
No. Just call and make the change.
As Chris wrote, simply call Disney and request to change your reservation. The agent will not necessarily be able to accommodate you, but you absolutely should try. It is impossible to alter a reservation once made. Technically, a Cast Member will book a new reservation and cancel the original one. If nothing is available, you may be told you are out of luck.

If that happens, don't automatically fret. Simply arrive at the podium with your new group and tell the host that a few people could not attend. You will almost certainly be seated, unless the restaurant is totally booked. At worst, you may have to wait a bit longer for a table. I have successfully used this method multiple times.

Good luck!