PDA

View Full Version : Friendly competition at TSM

disneymom15
08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm just curious, when it comes to riding TSM.
When my husband and I ride together it seems I out score him (probably 3 games to 1). When you ride, and its male/female in the vehicle, who wins more. Also, do you share any tips and secrets to the game with your ride partner?

BigRedDad
08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
When I get to ride with my wife, it is game on. She doesn't ever come close to winning and she hates to lose.

IrishMickey
08-11-2010, 12:32 PM
My Dh always wins. Last Summer when it was him and his two Brother in laws, I thought they were going to break the ride trying to out do each other, it was all in fun (sorta :secret:)

cfoshe
08-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I have beaten my dw everytime so far, but it is game on. I have seen several videos on Youtube that shows secrets. I know in the ballon sceen, if you shoot all the ballons on the rainbow, and your partner has to due that as well, and finish the last ballon at the same time, then the sceen changes and all the ballon points are doubled.

On the Robot sceen, ring all the robots in the center that pop up, if you ring all them before new ones appear, the rocket takes off and then its shooting rings through goal post and the more rings you get through the more points you get.

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I typically end up beating whoever I ride with. I don't however, share my secrets with them! :secret: DH gets frustrated, he doesn't like to lose! ;) So after our last ride I gave him a few pointers! I tend to be very focused and also do not care to lose! :blush:

disneydad15
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Just because you beat me at toy story don't mean nothing. I will have my revenge after I take the toy story tutorial offered at the behind the seens booth behind toy story. I'll show you a thing or two. Your Disney hubby. :mickey::mickey:

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
08-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I beat DW every time (although she is pretty good). We definitely share secrets, though, because it benefits us both. When you work together, if you accomplish certain things (like what is stated in some of the previous posts), you have opportunities for higher-value points.

joanna71985
08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I can beat whoever I play against, because I know all the ride secrets

IloveDisney71
08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
My DH and I have ridden it together 3 times and he beat me all 3 times. I hate to lose! I'm going to do research so I can beat him the next time we go. :secret:

Pop Centurion
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
My (now) wife & I always compete on TSM & BLSRS. I'm a competitive person & win most of the time followed by some trash talk for the next few minutes just to rub it in. It's all in good fun though.
I even take it a step farther by taking a pic of my score with my phone and every so often show her the picture even if it's months later. LOL!

PETE FROM NYC
08-12-2010, 04:44 PM
At TSM, DW usually outdoes me.
But with real firearms, I will out shoot her every time. We always hunt and shoot together.

thatkindofday
08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
DH always beats me, though I did get intergalactic hero once on Buzz.

ANG
08-12-2010, 09:25 PM
When I get to ride with my wife, it is game on. She doesn't ever come close to winning and she hates to lose.

Ditto! hahaha I'm so lame at that ride but I love it anyways

Giggy
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I've not done TSM yet (12 days until our next trip!) however with Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin or any similar ride I say nothing about competing before the ride. Then it depends on how I did.

I normally do well compared to other people in my group but if I lose then "It's only a game, don't take it so seriously!". On the other hand if I win I make sure everyone knows about it.:D

CU Tiger
08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
This one of the rides where my DW and I almost forget we have kids with us. We are competative and we just go at it. :thedolls: So far, I have been able to beat her at this and buzz everytime. :thumbsup: If there was a home edition that she could practice on so she could beat me, she would.:mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
My DH and I only got to ride TSM at WDW once! And I barely beat him! However, he nearly always beats me at Buzz Lightyear, usually by a lot of points too! My DH and I are very competitive too! And if he beats me, I just tell him rematch and we'll ride again! All in good fun though! My two sisters and I went to Disneyland and both of them beat me nearly every time! However, they have both ridden TSM many more times than me!

brownie
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
We haven't been on Toy Story Mania, but my bride, who does not play video games, has outscored me every time but once on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I even withheld scoring secrets from her! I hope this trend does not continue with Toy Story Mania!