PDA

View Full Version : bag check-in at resorts

akaDisneyDreamer
08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Since so many of the airlines are charging fees for even the first checked bag these days, how is this handled at the resort airline check-in? Do they collect the fees then and there, or are these fees somehow supposed to be paid in advance? :confused:

faline
08-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I had always understood that the fees needed to be paid the day before. You can call to make arrangements to do this.

However, when we were doing our bag check-in at the Contemporary last week (We didn't have any fees on our bags), we observed another gentleman approach. The woman looked up his airlines and told him he had a fee which he paid on the spot. In the past, I was told they had no way to do this given all the differences in fees based on the different airlines so all I can report is what I witnessed.

Pirate Granny
08-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Normally you get the information on baggage fees in the letter the day before you leave the resort. It will give you the information or the phone number to call to pay any fees. Not sure how they would know if you get free baggage due to frequent flyer status...
:pirate:

akaDisneyDreamer
08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the responses. I just didn't want to show up with my bags at the resort check in station on the day we leave only to find out I'm going to have to take them to the airport with me because the resort check in can't take fees! Too bad Disney can't somehow work in the fees with the package when you sign up for the Magical Express!