PDA

View Full Version : D23 - is it worth it?

azcavalier
08-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I know that the answer will be very subjective and opinionated. But looking at what the Gold and Silver Memberships offer...I was just wondering if any of my fellow Intercotans had signed up for it, and what they felt about whether or not they were disappointed, or completely satisfied. As a DVC member, I get a small discount right now if I sign up. So i'm taking a look. I figure, if i'm a fan of *anything* (besides college football), it's Disney. So if i'm going to belong to a fan club, it would be that one. But I'm not sure that I want to blow the $75 (minus 10%) on it. I would go for the Gold Membership, because the one thing that really interests me is the magazine, which Silver members don't get.

Strmchsr
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I know that the answer will be very subjective and opinionated.

You are exactly right, so in my my subjective and opinionated opinion...no. :D I tried it, but it really just seems like you're paying money for the privilege of paying more money for special events and merchandising. It's a cash cow for Disney with only minimal benefit if you don't want to spend a ton of money outside of the membership. Now, if you're interested in this various events and are a collector then it's absolutely worth it. But just for the membership itself, no.

LudwigVonDrake
08-13-2010, 06:24 AM
I tried it and basically you're paying for a magazine. Sorry not for me :wave:

brownie
08-13-2010, 05:34 PM
As much as I miss Disney Magazine, D23 was not worth it for me for the price points offered.