PDA

View Full Version : Okay, my first Christmas trip what’s not to be missed??

luvDaMouse
08-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I am booked at AKV Dec 3rd to the 11th. I have booked the MVMCP on the 9th, waiting for CP packages to come out on 8/26 to book that. (Hopefully for the 10th with Whoopi Goldberg) I plan to take some time to visit the hotels to see decorations but what else?? What have you done at this time of year that stands out for you that I should not miss??? Fill me in…… :)

PopPhan
08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
"Holidays Around the World" throughout World Showcase...

MVMCP - if you want to pay the extra for "snow" in FLA, the Holiday Wishes fireworks, the Holiday Parade, and special shows...

Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights at DHS...

Enjoy!!!

KAT1811
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights at DHS...

:ditto:

They too have the "snow"! Very cool!!!!

The gingerbread houses in the resorts are pretty neat too.

Mickey91
08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
1. Deluxe resort decor ~ as many as you can squeeze in.

2. Castle lighting at MK

3. Mickey's Merry Christmas Parade

4. Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

5. Candlelight Processional

6. Christmas around the World (EPCOT)

7. Tree lighting ceremony at EPCOT and MK

8. Christmas shows at MK

9. Holiday Wishes

10. Character meet and greets dressed in holiday attire

Bethis26fan
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Osborne lights

ANG
08-10-2010, 06:53 PM
We'll be at WDW at the same time this year. :mickey:

Suz36
08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Definitely make time to see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian - it's amazing, and it smells wonderful! They also had a neat house at the American Adventure when we were there in '07. The carousel at the Beach Club was beautiful as well. We also stumbled upon a great collection of typical-sized houses at the Poly - I'm guessing they were made by CMs that worked at that resort. Have a wonderful trip - Disney at Christmas is even more magical, if that's possible!

ToraTory
08-17-2010, 01:27 PM
The santas around the world showcase lagoon. We didn't allow enough time the last time we went and were dissappointed we didn't get to see and photograph all of them. That's why we're going again, the same week you are :thumbsup:

angua85
08-20-2010, 08:50 AM
I am going on my first Holiday trip to WDW, and am so excited!

For the Candlelight Processional, are the dinner packages helpful? For example, do they provide prime viewing locations? Or is it just a holiday dinner and the person heads to a spot along the route to watch?

Any favorite spots to watch?