PDA

View Full Version : What's your fave QS restaurant?

IloveJack
08-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I decided to save a little money, a lot of planning, and a good bit of time in the parks, and just go with the QSDP on our upcoming trip. However, we've never done this, and I don't want burgers and fries all the time. I read through another thread about some good places, but I was wondering what everyone's favorite is.
Our schedule is as follows : Wednesday- AK and Epcot; Thursday- DTD and MK (MNSSHP only); Friday- WWoHP :secret: (will need to do b'fast and dinner back at WDW); Saturday- DHS and MK again; Sunday- maybe DTD before driving home.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tinkerfreak
08-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Our favorite is Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD. It has the best value for the cs credit. The food is excellent. We do this at least once or twice on every trip.

Mickey91
08-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Cosmic Rays...Lots of variety...Sonny Eclipse!

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-10-2010, 08:20 AM
There is a fish and chip place near Ragalans, I can't remember the name, but it is really good and you get alot.

sassafras
08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Columbia Harbor House at the MK. They have fish and chips, shrimp, chicken strips, salads, all sorts of stuff. The fast food place (Lotus Blossom?) in China has very good Chinese food.

cajundisneyfreak
08-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD is delicious! I had mashed potatos and meatloaf.At MK I like Columbia Harbour House.I had a tuna fish sandwich that was yummy.At Epcot we ate in UK and had the fish & chips.Believe me there is more than burgers.:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Puck Express at the Marketplace at DTD.

Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco at Epcot.

Columbia Harbor House at MK.

Those are my favourite for their eats --- but we also really love Cosmic Rays, just to see Sonny sing! :thumbsup:

azcavalier
08-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah, there are some really great places.

Columbia Harbor House between Fantasyland and Liberty Square is different, and has *great* decor, plus it's usually not packed. It has a huge dining area. We also like Cosmic Ray's, but hate the lines there.

At DTD, Wolfgang Puck's is good, but so is Earl of Sandwich. And it's a *ton* of food. Lots of choices, too.

At Epcot....holy cow.....The pavilions at Mexico, Japan, Morocco, and France all have great QS restaurants. Also Sunshine Seasons in The Land has become a must do for our family because of the variety and quality of food. I don't believe that the Fish 'n' Chips place at the UK pavilion is on the dining plan. Last May we were going to do that for lunch, but on their menu, they didn't have the DDP logo next to the food offerings...only the drinks.

At AK, you don't have as much choice, but there are no burgers that I know of. Yak and Yeti QS is OK. We actually prefer the Picnic in the Park, which counts as a QS meal. I'm not sure what the menu is for that now, as it has changed since we did this last trip. But we've done it the last two trips, and everyone in the family loved it from the parents down to the four year old.

At DHS...well, there's just not a lot to be said. I hear that Starring Rolls is really good (as it shares the kitchen with the Brown Derby), but we've never been there. We have eaten at the Backlot Express, and it wasn't bad. The ABC Commissary is widely known as the worst meal in all of WDW. Pizza Planet is exactly what you would think...it's pizza and a side salad. My kids really like this, and we don't mind it either, but it's not great pizza. But you can eat outside right next to the Muppet Plaza and watch the kids play around the fountain, which is nice.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Our favorite is Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD. It has the best value for the cs credit. The food is excellent. We do this at least once or twice on every trip.

:ditto:

Mickey91
08-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, there are some really great places.

Columbia Harbor House between Fantasyland and Liberty Square is different, and has *great* decor, plus it's usually not packed. It has a huge dining area. We also like Cosmic Ray's, but hate the lines there.

Funny, we have encountered the worse lines at Columbia Harbour House.
Also funny, a Cavalier in Blacksburg!LOL!:mickey:

daisyhead
08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Ours is Toy Story Pizza Planet! Love a cold salad and warm pizza after a day of touring... plus, they don't have a child's menu so you can use your DDP for your child and you and practically have enough to split it! :)

Sure, its in a noisy arcade, but it is our favorite place that we must eat every visit! :mickey:

MuchLovedMama
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Wolfgang Puck Express...Hands down!!!

#1donaldfan
08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Funny, we have encountered the worse lines at Columbia Harbour House.
Also funny, a Cavalier in Blacksburg!LOL!:mickey:

Gott love them Hokies !!!
...we've not been help up ever at Columbia HH and we go in June. Lucky for us.

anyway.....EC, Yorkshire Fish Shoppe, Sunshine Seasons, MK, Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, Columbia HH, HS, ABC, and AK Pizzafari, & Yak n Yeti, DtD, Cookes of Dublin

BigThunderFan
08-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't believe that the Fish 'n' Chips place at the UK pavilion is on the dining plan. Last May we were going to do that for lunch, but on their menu, they didn't have the DDP logo next to the food offerings...only the drinks.

In January the Yorkshire County Fish n' Chips did still take the DDP, I assume it still does.

We love Flame Tree BBQ in AK, Columbia Harbour House in MK, and just about anywhere in World Showcase!

natstroop
08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
We had burgers at AK a few years ago...I believe it was at Tamu Tamu. The burgers were okay, but looked a little creapy. They were gray in color and had chunks of fat.

Sunshine Seasons at EPcot was extremely delicious! There was a lot to choose from too. They had the best mashed potatoes I've ever had in my life.

Pizza Planet at DHS was a blast for us also. The pizza was pretty good.

TikiLounger
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Taqueria Del Lago in Mexico. The flautas are so good.

BluewaterBrad
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Flame Tree in AK, really any EPCOT country is pretty good, ABC commissary has some of the best "fast food" curry ever at DHS, and I like Pecos Bills or really anywhere at MK.:mickey:

whitney37354
08-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Liberty Inn had good bbq sandwich & Pizza Planet pizza was good too.

2MuchWDFun
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
DHS Love Starring Rolls -huge delicious sandwiches, fresh brewed coffee and great pastries (so you can use your snack credits there, too)!
MK Cosmic Rays (the chicken and rib combo can easily feed two!)

AK-We enjoyed Yak and Yeti counter service--not the best Asian food but still makes a good lunch (sweet and sour and rice combo)

EPCOT-tons of places.
Our favorites:
Fish and Chips in UK
Tangierine in Morroco.
Sunshine Seasons in The Land has something for everyone (mongolian beef, sweet & sour chicken, porkchops, grilled salmon, caesar salad, flat bread sandwiches, rotisserie chicken and dessert. They also serve breakfast
Looking forward to trying the new CS in Mexico on our next trip!
You can also try Yakatori House in Japan, has skewers of chicken, etc and rice. Makes a nice lunch.

DTD-definitely Wolfgang Puck's--we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast there.

You won't have to eat a burger all week--unless you choose to.

coloradowendyl
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Absolute favorite is Cookes of Dublin!
The best fried scallops!

In the MK, Columbia Harbour House and if it is open, Diamond Horsehoe has awesome sandwiches!

Wendy

Suz36
08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
MK-Cosmic Ray's for selection, Columbia Harbor House for atmosphere, Casey's for Corn Dog Nuggets!

Epcot-Sunshine Seasons for selection

DHS-Studio Catering was yummy!

AK-Flame Tree BBQ

DTD-Earl of Sandwich

Now I'm hungry!!

darthmacho
08-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Pecos Bill Cafe has always been my favorite, but ABC Commissary, Pinocchio Haus, and Tusker House were surprisingly good. Tusker House is now a sit down. I would like to try Sunshine Season, Casey's, Flametree, and countries like Morocco, Japan, and China for their fast food.
4 days as of this post!!!!!!!!

brownie
08-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Backlot Express at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot are our favorites.