PDA

View Full Version : Please give me your opinion on Rose & Crown

amy-rella
08-09-2010, 10:09 PM
How is the food / service? Is it worth a TS credit? We have an ADR for dinner here but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. We have 2 DDs 7 & 10. None of us are too picky we are just looking for a new place at WDW to try.

Mickey91
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I actually have very picky eaters and both of our kids are excited we are returning to the rose and crown. My DH and DS both LOVE the fish and chips! I think you should stick with it and give it a try!

SBETigg
08-09-2010, 11:08 PM
To my experiences:
The food is good, not great, but very safe choices for people who prefer standard fare. The service is sometimes slow but the servers are always very friendly and fun, love the accents. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. It has been worth repeat visits for us.

Brer Mickey
08-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I agree that you should stick with it. We have eaten there several times and I love the Bangers and Mash and the Fish and Chips. The food is good but the atmosphere is great and the servers are among the friendliest at WS.

honeebee86
08-09-2010, 11:25 PM
I also think you should keep your reservation. We ate there for the first time last winter and really enjoyed it. We had the leek soup (which was great since it was very cold for FL) bangers and mash (very good) and the cottage pie (also very good). As everyone else has said, the atmosphere is nice and the servers are friendly.:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
08-10-2010, 12:47 AM
excellent on all parts! We loved the amience, the service, and the food. The dishes are all hearty, filling comfort foods that really fit in well with the pub/homey feel of the restaurant. The potato and leek soup was excellent, as were the roast and bangers/mash. This place is great and I can't think of anything negative to say. You will love it too!

MuchLovedMama
08-10-2010, 11:04 AM
My family/party of 8 ate there 9/2008 and not one of us liked it. The food was gross and the service was so horrible that we had to complain. I don't like to do that but it had to be done. We were on free dining and the manager added more free credits to our plan and didn't make us pay the tip to compensate. I would not eat there if they paid me to. :ack:

joonyer
08-10-2010, 12:53 PM
We really like R&C. Great atmosphere, and really good food. The Mushroom appetizer is fabulous. Great location for viewing Illuminations.

Mickey'sGirl
08-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Personally, we do not like the food at the Rose and Crown. We do love the beer and "snacks" from the pub part though! You can get a drink and a sausage roll or something from the bar if you want to experience it .... I would not pay for the food again.

andreallybadeggs
08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Not our favorite food but we like it and agree that the servers are wonderful. Really amazed by the one poster who had such a negative experience. Only disappointment we had was that the night we had booked to watch Illuminations at R & C the wind was blowing our direction so we mostly experienced smoke. Not much they can do about wind direction though so no complaints here and I would also encourage you to keep your ressies. :mickey:

jillluvsdisney
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
We ate there last year and our meal was very good. Excellent and friendly service also.

MickeysEars
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
We love it. the atmosphere and decor is great and I love the bangers and mash and DH loves the fish and chips! keep them!

amy-rella
08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you all for your reviews! :rocks:

mrsgaribaldi
08-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I have to say that we love it too. We usually only make one ADR, maybe 2 on a trip and Rose & Crown has been our choice several times. We've always had great food and great service. DH loves the cottage pie and the lamb 3 ways. Also, the potato and leek soup was out of this world. My favorites at R&C are 2 desserts, sticky toffee pudding and the Baileys Irish cream trifle. :eat:
We've always had excellent service too. Once we ordered a drink that comes with the light up Tinkerbell and she bought my husband the other one for boys even though we didn't order the drink. We haven't had many bad meals in Disney but one of the worst was at R&C. That same night, we also had our best meal ever in Disney at R&C. I just ate my husband's food and the waitress noticed the meal that was barely touched. She offered to bring another but we declined and then she took it off the bill which surprised me in a good way. All in all, I recommend Rose & Crown:thumbsup:

magicalmom
08-11-2010, 03:16 PM
By and large, we like the Rose and Crown a LOT. We like the food and enjoy the ambiance, and have had many enjoyable conversations with the CMs there. (In fairness, I must also note that our all-time worst meal/cast member experience took place at the R&C, but it was a fluke, sort of a perfect storm situation - never happened before or since)

One major warning: British food is not to everybody's taste. (For instance, if you order a shrimp cocktail at the R&C, instead of one bowl of cold shrimp and one of cocktail sauce, you get a single bowl of shrimp in a pink mayonnaise-ish sauce. Not bad, just unexpected.)

If you like English cuisine, you'll like the R&C. Not everybody likes English cooking.

Renfairwedding
08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
The food was gross and the service was so horrible that we had to complain.... I would not eat there if they paid me to. :ack:

Sooo... I guess you don't recomend the place. :silly:

I have never beer inside and plan to try it out this October. :mpumpkin:

I will give the "Pub"section a credit. My DW ask for hot tea (at that time not on the menu. I thought strang for a British place.) the CM went to the back room found a tea bag and made a cup just for her NO CHARGE.

Pirate Granny
08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
We're eating there next week...can't wait...and we timed it so we could catch Illuminations also

2MuchWDFun
08-11-2010, 07:59 PM
We've eaten three meals at R & C (husband has ordered fish and chips from the take out place numerous times!).

It's a busy and crowded restaurant--just like a pubhouse should be. We've have always received good food and great service!

Plus, I found out I love mushy peas. I enjoyed the cheese plate appetizer. Plus, they have great beer choices.

Give it a try and make up your own mind.

GrmGrninGost
08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
We have been there twice and are going back in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it! Love the fish and chips! :mickey: Both our kids are picky eaters, but they love this place! Give it a shot!

Zawadi
08-12-2010, 06:00 PM
One major warning: British food is not to everybody's taste.
If you like English cuisine, you'll like the R&C. Not everybody likes English cooking.

Although R&C offers a typical British pub menu, it falls far short from the cuisine you would get in the UK. We thought the menu was British Food with an "American Twist", which didn't always work.
We tried it once, just for fun to see if it did remind us of home, but definitely prefer some of the other offerings around World Showcase.

artyboy
08-12-2010, 06:28 PM
They also have a decent wine list and an awesome cheese plate...if you like British cheese, as some can be strong...

kemps@wdw
08-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Our dining experience @ Rose & Crown was very nice. The server was attentive, even though they were crowded, the food was good,(and I am a VERY picky eater) and our vantage point for Illumnations was 2nd to none. We would definitely go there again, especially if we could get the same table @ the same time.:thumbsup:

chefmickey3
08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
We ate here for the first time three weeks ago. We did not have ADRs for a party of 8 and we waited about 15 minutes to be seated. I grew up eating similar types of foods - so I loved it! My DH loved the fish and chips. The service was among the best of the trip! I would highly recommend keeping your ADR! We were pleasantly surprised.

PeaceLoveMickeyMouse
08-13-2010, 12:52 AM
One of my favorite restaurants in Disney, the food is delicious! :D

Married-2-WDW-nut
08-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Totally agree with Zawadi.....

However, that aside, the food/service all good.

We're booked for 6:30pm New years Eve so that we can celebrate it with our pals back home! :D

irish1967
08-14-2010, 06:38 PM
We didn't love it... Food was pretty good but we found the service a little lacking.

The specific situation was this - we got there and were seated pretty quickly. Ordered drinks and soup/salad. They came in a reasonable amount of time. When the server was clearing off the soup/salad dishes, we were asked if we wanted another round of drinks. We said, "yes, please, with dinner" Dinner was served, the drinks were not.

We assumed the server forgot and just let it go - not a huge deal. The server came back, dinner dishes were cleared and we ordered dessert. Dessert was served, eaten and as the dessert dishes were cleared, the second round of drinks was brought to the table.

The server did acknowledge the delay and apologized, but we felt that given the amount of time that passed, we should have been asked if we still wanted the drinks, especially since we specified "with dinner" when we asked for the second round.

Was it one instance with one server on one night? Maybe - but it was enough to decide not to go back.

Although, to be fair, I thought the food was very good.

AllDisney
08-14-2010, 07:05 PM
We have eaten at R&C and we like it alot

disneymom2000
08-14-2010, 11:44 PM
The hottest item on the menu seems to be the Fish & Chips. If you are unsure if you want to use a TS here, then try the counter service. The food is pretty much the same and you can save your TS for another restaurant. For myself, out of eight visits I have eaten here 7. Five times as a TS and twice as CS. I was happy with the food and service either way. It is one of my fav places to eat.