PDA

View Full Version : Do rates ever change?

natstroop
08-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I have a week in October booked at POR. I was just curious if the room rates ever fluctuate for Disney resorts? Do I need to keep my eye on the rates in case they drop?

Thanks!

faline
08-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Specials are often announced that do lower rates. Any specials are noted at the top of the Accommodations forum as they occur.

You could also try using Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)who will apply any specials without your needing to do anything else!

natstroop
08-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks a bunch! I'll keep my eyes peeled and look into contacting Magical Journeys.

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Specials are often announced that do lower rates. Any specials are noted at the top of the Accommodations forum as they occur.

You could also try using Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)who will apply any specials without your needing to do anything else!

:ditto:

Magical Journeys is great for getting better rates!

Brian
08-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I have a week in October booked at POR. I was just curious if the room rates ever fluctuate for Disney resorts? Do I need to keep my eye on the rates in case they drop?

Thanks!

If you're not already aware, discounted rates were just released this week that cover dates from 10/2 through the end of December. You should check these out if you haven't already done so. Go to the Walt Disney World web site and look for the little banner at the bottom mentioning discounts of 20% or more. We were able to save a significant amount of money on our late October trip.

Also, like the other posters, I highly recommend Magical Journeys. They take care of all the leg work of finding and applying the best available discounts to your reservation. In our case, they applied the discount to our reservation before I even knew one was available. We've been using them for years and never had a problem. Prior to that, I took a do-it-yourself approach, which was fine but also very time consuming.