PDA

View Full Version : PIN Code Observation

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-09-2010, 09:47 AM
People always seem to ask, how do you get pin codes, who gets them and why? I don't have the answer, but just had an observation.

Over the weekend both my wife and I both received pin codes for free Disney Dining Plan. Nothing new here, it's the same offer that is out there for the general public. What I noticed however, was that the pin code brochure that my wife and I got (with goofy on it) were identical, with one minor exception. As I held them up I could see that in an area that was blank on her brochure, mine had a plug/push/reminder for Disney Visa, as I'm technically the card holder of record. No added benefit came with the pin code, other than the benefits associated with the visa (primarily intererest free financing). I just found it interesting that they were identical with that exception.

So these are definitely not random mailings, they know who they are sending them to.

Just wish i could use one once and a while. Crossing my fingers that they are still discounting deep into 2011.

magicofdisney
08-09-2010, 10:47 AM
They are definitely, randomly mailing them to the exact people they want to receive them. ;)

Mickey91
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
We always tend to get them with another adult's name but our address. Go figure!

eandrsmom
08-09-2010, 11:02 PM
We occassionally get one with the name of our old babysitter sent to our address. We took her several years ago to help out with our kids. Since we paid for her entire trip, she was registered under our reservation. She no longer babysits for us, but we continue to get offers with her name on them. I think they must track who in your party hasn't gone to Disney in a while. Since it was addressed to our house, and I explained to the reservationist that we paid for her entire trip with us, we were able to use the PIN code.

Mickey91
08-10-2010, 12:27 AM
We occassionally get one with the name of our old babysitter sent to our address. We took her several years ago to help out with our kids. Since we paid for her entire trip, she was registered under our reservation. She no longer babysits for us, but we continue to get offers with her name on them. I think they must track who in your party hasn't gone to Disney in a while. Since it was addressed to our house, and I explained to the reservationist that we paid for her entire trip with us, we were able to use the PIN code.
Wow! That's great! I didn't get so lucky. I was told only the person whose name appeared on the envelope could use it. I also had this person booked with us for a trip. Depends on the CM I guess.

KAT1811
08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
They are definitely, randomly mailing them to the exact people they want to receive them. ;)

:funny:

TikiLounger
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Same thing happened to us (except is was a teenage friend who we took with us, not a babysitter)...we called, explained the situation and were allowed to use the code. We did get a stern reminder telling us to remember to give them the names and ADDRESSES of everyone travelling with us, next time. Hey, they didn't ask at the time of booking, so how would we have known?

TikiLounger
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM

:D...too funny

I LoveJack
08-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I've been getting one each year for the last 2 years now. They know that I will go even if I have just been or have already booked for a later date in the same year. Yes, SUCKER is wrote on my forhead. LOL