PDA

View Full Version : is anyone else completly obssesed?

disneymomma2010
08-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I decide a few weeks ago that we were going to go to wdw at the end of october. Ever since then i have been a bit obssesed. I think about it all the time, and in my sleep. I spend alot of time on the disney sites.:surf: I can hardly plan for normal life in the near future because i cant quit planning for my disney trip 2 and a half months away! Does disney do this to everyone or am i being crazy? :mickey:

oct 2010 CBR
2009 pop century
2007 off site
2003 ASM
1998 POFQ

daisyhead
08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
You are NOT alone! From the second we have the official ressies, I am obsessed... dining reviews, resort photos, hopping around the intercot forums reading what I can.

I honestly enjoy PLANNING a Disney vacation almost as much as I enjoy being there! It's so much fun!

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Disney4us2
08-08-2010, 05:52 PM
For me obsessed is mild. It is more like consumed. I have been consumed with planning long before I knew if I was going to even be able to go. Now that I know we can go, I have 3 trips planned. YIKES

The one in December 2010 is almost paid for. :cloud9: I just put a deposit down on our April spring break 2011 trip. :cloud9: Then still planning for our August 2011 trip.

I even obsess over missing a Saturday at Disneyland:blush:

Dedivah
08-08-2010, 05:58 PM
You are certainly not alone!!

Our trip is not until October 2011 and I am totally obsessed about planning every aspect of this trip.

I am also the matron of honor in an upcoming wedding and I can barely devote myself to my duties because I am so busy planning my Disney vacation that is 14 months away!!

DiannaJ
08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
My first trip was in Oct 07 and ever since then I have gone 2 times a year. My last trip was may 2010 and now I already need another DW fix. I want to go in Nov. to see the Christmas decorations. Haven't seen them in person yet. This will be my 6th trip and I just can't get enough of my HAPPY PLACE...:cloud9:

disneymom15
08-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I can relate. I've been obsessed since we first took our daughter back in 1995. She was 5 at the time. We've gone every year since (most years multiple times). We have 2 trips planned and hoping on a third.

Briansmom
08-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I can relate....I have been obsessed since the Magic KIngdom opened in 1971...I was 11 and lived about an hour away. I had to depend on visiting company to get my 'fixes' as I was growing up.

I love planning a trip for our family for my fun but it's really fun to talk to my special DS12 about it when the trip is getting close. He's just like his mommy! And DD23 is just like me as well! Every day I am checking Intercot, on the Disney site and in my spreadsheets making more lists, plans, changes, etc! :keyboard:

As far as I'm concerned...this obsession is completely normal!! :cloud9:

akaDisneyDreamer
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe it's an obsession, but you are in good company here! I am in the final days counting down to our trip and am checking every detail and it's all looking good! We have our ADR's and parks planned for each day, what we hope to accomplish for each day (rides, shows, etc.) and I feel at ease about it, not stressed, so it's a good obsession! ;) I've been doing this for months as we booked this in early April and we are ready to roll! 2 more days! :mickey:

disneymomma2010
08-08-2010, 10:49 PM
thank goodness! i have been driving my husband crazy! now i can tell him i am just normal! :mickey: i am just very excited because i decided to take my twins for their bday (will be 7) and i got their mamaw, aunt, uncle and cousins to go too. i want to make sure i know everything this time and i want to make the experience the best that i can for their bday( as if being there isnt enough!):congrats: i am so glad that there are others like me that can only handle their responsiblities half way because their heads are always in the clouds too thinking about disney!:cloud9:

darthmacho
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm obsessive about everything, so you can imagine how i get about WDW. I've been lurking on these boards for nearly 10 years, waiting for my chance to blabber about my trip...

6 Days as of this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
You are not alone!!:mickey:

momef3grls
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
My children have signed me up for Intervention!:blush:

dave11735
08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
We've gone the past two years (Sept '08 and Oct '09), so there is no way we can go this year (right?).
I can't go a week without checking for a package that will somehow enable us to go again.
Obsessed? I think I need therapy for me to come to grips with us not going. But next year....

Dewdrop034
08-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I already went this year in May and we aren't going again until next September and I'm always consumed with the thoughts of going back...my family thinks I'm nuts to say the least so I'm learning to just keep the obsession to myself. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
08-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I decide a few weeks ago that we were going to go to wdw at the end of october. Ever since then i have been a bit obssesed. I think about it all the time, and in my sleep. I spend alot of time on the disney sites.:surf: I can hardly plan for normal life in the near future because i cant quit planning for my disney trip 2 and a half months away! Does disney do this to everyone or am i being crazy? :mickey:

You might be crazy, but it sure is fun! Also, howdy neighbor just up the Interstate! :hi:

My children have signed me up for Intervention!:blush:

Then you need to throw them out of the house! :D

magicofdisney
08-14-2010, 01:12 AM
I've been somewhat disgruntled with Disney lately and yet I still can't wait to get back. We have season passes and our black out dates are ending soon! :mickey:

Mogie
08-14-2010, 02:49 AM
How bout dis...me and Audgie are goin in exactly 30 days. It's her 30th bday during our trip! We been datin for 3 years...not engaged...yet...and were already talkin about how the end of our honeymoon might be a few days at Disney...

No kids...we are not alone :)

brownie
08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
There are other things to think about? ;)

For me, it's almost as much fun to plan the trip as it is to be there. It sort of extends the trip beyond the borders of the time spent on the trip itself.

azcavalier
08-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah, we're right there with you. See the post in the "Theme Parks" section about being addicted to WDW.

Personally, I keep trying to figure out what it is Disney is piping in the air/water at WDW that makes you addicted to it. They've got to be using *something*...and they call it "pixie dust" just to be funny.

kemps@wdw
08-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Disney does this to everyone who loves Disney. And that includes all of here on this site. We booked our Oct. trip in April. And even after the many trips we've made to the World, I still do my daily diligence. Checking my Intercot site, reading the posts on new things going on, enjoying everybody elses trip reports, watching the vaca dvd religiously, reading the newest books out on WDW, looking for opinions on new dining options, and this year, daily checking to see if any discounts on my airfair can be applied. I don't think you can ever be "too prepared" for WDW. So...no, you're not crazy. Just crazy about Disney! :mickey:

disneymomma2010
08-17-2010, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=Goofy4TheWorld;2088183]You might be crazy, but it sure is fun! Also, howdy neighbor just up the Interstate! :hi:

Hello! good to see a fellow vol on here!:mickey:

mdhiggin
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I counted it up, and we will have spent 37 nights in one year at Disney with DVC after our upcoming trip. I'm still giddy about our next trip in 11 days even though we were just there the end of May. The addiction doesn't get better. Mine has gotten progressively worse over the last 10 years.:blush:

disneymomma2010
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
64 days to go!:joy: And still obsessing! The anticipation is almost as fun as the trip. It is gonna be me, my husband, our twin 7yr old birthday boys, my mother in law, my sis in law, brother in law, and their 2 children. I am making the plans to for the trip, with pressure of making everybody happy! We are staying at CBR with the pirate room. Got all of our dining ressies booked and very happy with them, except our last day is at epcot, wanting a good dining experience, i have 3 ressies booked that we are gonna have to decide on! and cancel the other 2. We really wanted Le Cellier but booked so we have lunch at coral reef, or dinner at captains grill, or dinner at Maya grill. What would you do?:confused:

magicofdisney
08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
64 days to go!:joy: And still obsessing! The anticipation is almost as fun as the trip. It is gonna be me, my husband, our twin 7yr old birthday boys, my mother in law, my sis in law, brother in law, and their 2 children. I am making the plans to for the trip, with pressure of making everybody happy! We are staying at CBR with the pirate room. Got all of our dining ressies booked and very happy with them, except our last day is at epcot, wanting a good dining experience, i have 3 ressies booked that we are gonna have to decide on! and cancel the other 2. We really wanted Le Cellier but booked so we have lunch at coral reef, or dinner at captains grill, or dinner at Maya grill. What would you do?:confused:
The one trip we ate at Le Cellier, we also ate at Coral Reef. Our meal at Coral Reef was far superior to Le Cellier. :mickey:

Joannelet
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
We are all obsessed. That's why sites like this exist :mickey:
I am on intercot and other disney sites everyday even when I don't have trips planned. LOL
I just love talking and reading about anything Disney!

AllDisney
08-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I like it when my obsession rubs off on my husband:blush:

He's getting real excited about the upcoming trip:party:

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Trust me, you are SO not alone! My trip for Sept still isn't fully booked but it's all I can think about and talk about. My mom's glad I head back to school in 2 days so she won't have to listen to it anymore hahah

disneymomma2010
08-19-2010, 05:49 PM
The one trip we ate at Le Cellier, we also ate at Coral Reef. Our meal at Coral Reef was far superior to Le Cellier. :mickey:

that's interesting. i have always heard le cellier is the best place ever. I havent tried either of them

xo0ally
08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I know how you feel. Ever since my family decided to go to celebrate my graduation In July 2011 i've been obessed. I eat, sleep, and think Disney 24/7. I am constantly on Intercot trying to find the best hotel, making plans, looking at tours, etc.:mickey:

skibunny75
08-20-2010, 01:48 PM
You are not alone. We have 34 days until our next WDW trip and I count down every one of those days. I even get the luxury of planning our Grand Gathering every year which make the countdown that much more enjoyable. I like to see the result of my family (total of 10) not have to lift a finger to plan the trip. However I obsess over the plans to make sure everything goes accordingly.

PopPhan
08-20-2010, 03:11 PM
30 days 15 hours +/- 15 minutes....:D

Just waiting for our DME and reservation packets to come in.....

....and waiting.....

....and waiting.....

impatiently!! :)

Dewdrop034
08-21-2010, 09:37 PM
My DH, son & I went to WDW for the first time in May and shortly after we got home I found this site...The very first question i asked was if anyone else was obsessed and have I lost my mind. Well, I certainly have found out I'm not alone here. Thank God for Intercot. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
08-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh, you are so not alone, as you can see by the number of responses so far!!

We just booked our trip for next August, and it is SO in my blood right now... feels like it must be just months away, it is so in my head! :blush:

But, I also know that it will wane as the busyness of school starting hits & the then upcoming holidays spring themselves on us... so I'm just going to enjoy being able to be obsessed about it while I still can, knowing I'll get right back after in once January hits! :D

joonyer
08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Is anyone else completely obssesed?

NO, nobody else is. It's just you. :shake: :funny: :silly: :D :rolleyes:

Of Course, everybody on Intercot is Obsessed with WDW. That's why we're here! :D :yes: :doh:

afowl1017
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I laughed when I read this post....:rotfl:

I am with you....In 2 weeks and 4 days we will be heading down to WDW and I can't wait. I not only think about it during the day, trying to figure out all the stuff we will need, how to best spend our time and our money, what park to visit on which day, ect... you know the drill. But at I night I find my self, after waking up with the baby, thinking and planning again! I have to admit I come up with some of my best plans at night :blush:

Hope your trip is amazing....October is a wonderful time to go!

kemps@wdw
08-24-2010, 11:02 PM
This site was obviously designed by and for the "completely obsessesd" :D

disneymomma2010
08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
You are not alone. We have 34 days until our next WDW trip and I count down every one of those days. I even get the luxury of planning our Grand Gathering every year which make the countdown that much more enjoyable. I like to see the result of my family (total of 10) not have to lift a finger to plan the trip. However I obsess over the plans to make sure everything goes accordingly.

whats all the details of grand gathering? we have a party of 9. Everything is booked so do i need to do it? Would we get special dinners or something if we did it?