PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2010 Planning, We Need Your Help!

kaliepooh
08-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I really hope that we can see the Candlelight Procession this year during our visit to the World. Is it a hard ticketed item? Do we have to make reservations? Where is it held? How can I assure that my family and I will be able to see it this year?

I am really struggling on making plans for our first trip to the World during the height of the Christmas Season. I'm still trying to figure out what the special events are in the parks. I think the thought of the large crowds have me totally overwhelmed.

We have visited many times during the summer. We have that time of the year figured out, we know what are favorite attractions are. The Christmas Season is really throwing me for a loop.

Can you guys please help me decide what we should do while we are visiting this Christmas Season? Our travel dates are December 23rd thru January 5th. I know that it's during the busiest time of the year, we really don't have any other choice.

We know that we are going to meet large crowds. We also want to have a wonderful time. We have some off days to get some rest and tour the resorts so that we can enjoy the Christmas decorations. We also made all of our table service reservations for each day.

We have decided to Park Hop for the first time because of the large crowds that we will encounter. What events should we see? Which restaurants do you suggest? Which resorts are a must see?

Please feel free to offer your sugggestons.

marlyn
08-08-2010, 12:59 AM
I really hope that we can see the Candlelight Procession this year during our visit to the World. Is it a hard ticketed item? Do we have to make reservations? Where is it held? How can I assure that my family and I will be able to see it this year?

You do not need reservations or a ticket to see the CP (except your ticket to get into EPCOT of course) What you can do though, is make a Candlelight Processional dining reservation which gives you your reservation for dinner at an EPCOT restaurant PLUS RESERVED seating for the Processional. This is really beneficial during busy times to ensure you get a seat and dont have to line up hours ahead!

I have not been there for Christmas week, just the first couple of weeks of Dec. It is absolutely beautiful when decorated for Christmas. I think you just need to go without too many expectations of doing everything and just enjoy the atmosphere while fitting in what you can!

kaliepooh
08-08-2010, 01:07 AM
What you can do though, is make a Candlelight Processional dining reservation which gives you your reservation for dinner at an EPCOT restaurant PLUS RESERVED seating for the Processional.

Can we get this Reserved Seating from any EPCOT restaurant?

AnnaMom
08-08-2010, 02:39 AM
We always go in the summer as well & this year we are taking the first week of December for a special Christmas Disney trip! I to have had a lot of questions. Just do some research and enjoy the season!! See ya there!

Cinderelley
08-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Can we get this Reserved Seating from any EPCOT restaurant?

Click on the news tab at the top and it will take you to a page with the news headlines. You will see one about the Candlelight Processional that has a link to all the info.
We are going for the first time during the Christmas season this year too. It is very exciting. :D

GusNJacque
08-08-2010, 08:29 AM
First of all Kaliepooh BREATHE. It's going to be ok. Sounds like you are well on your way.

Here is the link to the Intercot page on the Candlelight Procession:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp

It is not to be missed. If you want to be sure to see it then I would recommend doing the dinner package. You have a nice meal and then you get in the line for the show. There are two lines. One for folks that did the package and one for those who didn't.

Your going at a very busy time so you need to go into it with the attitude that you get done what you get done.

The special things for Christmas in addition to CP are the Christmas Party at tbe Magic Kingdom, Holidays around the World at Epcot, Yuletide Fantasy tour, tree lighting ceremonies at the different parks, special fireworks at the different parks, the Osbourne lights at Hollywood studios, special parades, so much to do. The same appies to new years with special events going on.

I know you said you planned to visit the different resorts. Be sure to get some gingerbread from the grand Floridian. The house and the gingerbread are not to be missed. Take a day to check out all the various resorts.

I am big on park hopping so I think that is a good thing. Your there for a nice long stretch so you can really take your time and do things.

I haven't atually been there on Christmas/New Years. Being home on the actual holidays is big in my family. But I know the parks fill up early on those days. So you might want to pick your park of choice and stay there on those days or not knowing the ages, etc of your family you might want to do something else on those days.

Good luck on your planning. I'll be leaving as you are arriving. I've done the holiday time several times so I will be happy to help.

Joannelet
08-08-2010, 08:51 AM
You are going to completely enjoy your trip during this time of year.
I was a cast member during this time.
Here is my advice: Definitely go and see the hotels. The Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, the wreath on the front of the contemporary...all are must sees. Do not miss those. Santa and Mrs Claus in Epcot are really good so if you get a chance to see them (if you have children-do so)
Candlelight Processional: Make dining ressies with the seating package. You are guaranteed seating and do not have to worry about standing on a line and not get in. You can choose any restaurant-there are different pricing levels.
Osborne Family Lights at DHS....not to be missed!!! You will thoroughly enjoy this!!!
Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party is a lot of fun as well. :) I suggest you get tickets to this event for one night that you are there. :) Definitely worth it. The parade is excellent during the party!!!
The World Showcase in Epcot has different people from each country come out and tell their Christmas story. Italy has La Befana etc. They are all story tellers and VERY good. I would suggest trying to see one or two of these.
Just have a great time...use fastpasses for the big rides so you don't have to worry about lines. It is busy but it is doable. The best park in my honest opinion for NYE is DHS. A lot of fun.
Enjoy!!! :)