PDA

View Full Version : Disney survey about new theme rooms!

goofball
08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I came across this article talking about a survey with pictures of new possible themes for some Moderate resort rooms in addition to the CBR pirate rooms....
http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2010/08/07/would-you-stay-in-a-haunted-mansion-themed-hotel-room/

PopPhan
08-08-2010, 10:52 AM
HM room would be too cool to stay in!!! I would definitely have to go Mod for that experience!

The other two options would be neat as well.

RedSoxFan
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
The rooms are very cool: Not sure if I would pick the HM or Royal as they both look like fun.

Tekneek
08-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Have they revealed which Disney hotel they are proposing to do these at?

spoonful of sugar
08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
i was a lucky recipient of this survey and recieved it the other day through email. i was so excited to see that they are thinking of HM theme rooms & hope they do pick to do them & at a resort that i would enjoy staying at.

Darbylew
08-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I got the survey as well. I enjoyed taking it and
was happy that I was one of the ones to get to
take the survey. They rooms looked great.
:thumbsup::mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
OCTOBER!!! :D

Tekneek
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
I am not sure if I like it if it is a way to sneak in some rate increases. For selfish reasons, I hope it doesn't make it arbitrarily more expensive at Port Orleans Riverside. I like that resort at the comparable price point it is at.

LudwigVonDrake
08-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I LOVE the look of the Haunted Mansion themed room :wave:

daisyhead
08-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I would like an Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter themed room!

THIS sounds awesome! I think the pirate rooms are so neat and that it will give another option for families who might not want to go for a deluxe, but still add something special to their trip. I hope this turns out to be true! :mickey:

DiannaJ
08-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I love the idea of the haunted mansion room. I am planing a trip in Nov. and will be staying at CBR this time just so I can stay in a pirate room. I usually stay at Poly or Wilderness Lodge but want a differant experience this time. So the haunted mansion room would be a fun place to be after a day in the parks.

pixiedustct
08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Both rooms looked really great, but I would LOVE to stay in the royal room! I may be a princess at heart, but I think it had a lot of elements that could make a lot of people happy. I saw things from Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin at a very quick first glance. I think these both look like great ideas and would be so excited to stay in either!:mickey:

waymickey
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I would love to stay in the HM theme room sounds like a super idea. But why stop there why not have other themes like Winnie Pooh room or Fineas and Ferb room???

PopPhan
08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I would love to stay in the HM theme room sounds like a super idea. But why stop there why not have other themes like Winnie Pooh room or Fineas and Ferb room???

Princesses (royalty) will always be a part of Disney - specially in the parks, as will the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean....these make sense for basing room decor upon. Winnie the Pooh is NOT an original Disney property and Phineas and Ferb is a short term fad - the show will be popular for a short term, then fade away...these do not make sense to base room decor upon. It does not make sense to have to redo rooms every couple years simply because the theme of the decor has fallen out of the spotlight.

sherriepaul
08-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I would love either the HM room or the royalty...would consider doing a split stay so a little for DD and a little for DS!

goofball
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure what hotel these rooms would be at, but based on the theming it's probably a safe bet that the HM rooms would be a good fit for Port Orleans since they already have a Mansion section. POR is slated for some upcoming refurbs I believe. I have long thought that themed hotels based on the more popular rides would be great. This is a less expensive way for them to test that out. I usually go to Deluxe if I have the money but I love PO and would gladly stay there for a chance to check out the HM rooms! :):thumbsup:

2MuchWDFun
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Definitely love the HM room design-- the pink chair is classic, and you get to sleep in a doom buggy--how cool is that!?!

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Love it!!!!!!!!!

BigThunderFan
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Princesses (royalty) will always be a part of Disney - specially in the parks, as will the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean....these make sense for basing room decor upon. Winnie the Pooh is NOT an original Disney property and Phineas and Ferb is a short term fad - the show will be popular for a short term, then fade away...these do not make sense to base room decor upon. It does not make sense to have to redo rooms every couple years simply because the theme of the decor has fallen out of the spotlight.

You know they also said Rock 'n Roll was only a fad and that it would go away... :)

I loved the look of both rooms! I thought we would have to do a split to catch both styles (one for the boy and one for the girl), but then remembered that the girl's favorite ride was actually Haunted Mansion! Looks like the princesses just got trumped! :thumbsup:

Belster
08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for sharing!!! What fun!!! I soooooo want to stay in a HM themed room. :mickey:

disneymom2000
08-15-2010, 01:18 AM
WOW i would definitely stay in the Royal room. That is about as close to the Cinderella Suite that I could come to. Very beautiful.:prince::princess:

thumperbug
08-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Love the ideas..especially the HM rooms but I'm not sure I would like the doom buggy bed.

crltkcagle
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Love them!

BIGDOG
08-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey not fair, I sent a letter years ago about adding a entire haunted mansion resort not just a few rooms in a established resort. I better at least get a fast pass out of this.

Dsnygirl
08-21-2010, 12:43 AM
The HM room looks really cool, and I'd love to stay there, but I'd have to pick the royal room first -- it's awesome! My girls would love both, too, but I bet they'd go royal at first, too... my DH?? Probably the HM first... :)

klb
08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Wow. I would love to stay in the HM room.

CaptSmee
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
OMG! I would not leave the Haunted Mansion room my 1st day in it!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: