PDA

View Full Version : Dme ?

yjgirl32
08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
We are flying in but don't want to utlize DME to get to our hotel due to us renting a car to drive to Busch Gardens, but we would like to use DME to return to the airport- can we still do this?

Strmchsr
08-07-2010, 03:05 PM
As long as you are staying at a WDW resort, yes, you can use DME one way only. Just let them know when you make your DME reservation.

GreenB
08-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi

We are in a situation similar to yours in which we will take the DME only on our way back to the airport.
I already called the Polynesian to get advise on what to do and they answered me that you can make your reservation for the DME anytime as long as it is 24 hours before your pick up time.

yjgirl32
08-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.

Jodi
08-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I have a different question about using DME..if someone would be so kind to possibly answer. DD's and I are flying down this Friday. DH was supposed to be flying in on Sunday - he will be on a business trip. NOW, DH thinks it will last until Monday...We were planning on picking him up at Orlando Int'l airport on Sunday, however, now, I am wondering if there is anyway he could hop on the DME bus on Monday. DD's and I will have the rental car, just kind of dread having to drive all the way back to the airport if we really don't need to. Any advice? Suggestions? Thank you

BigRedDad
08-09-2010, 07:50 AM
If your DH is on the reservation, he can take DME. Just make the reservation for the day he will be taking it. You can explain to DME it may be Sunday or Monday due to other issues. They won't have a problem with it. They are quite flexible.

Jodi
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks BigRedDad!! I will try that. 2 days and counting and counting.....:thumbsup:

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 08:09 PM
That situation seems to happen to us EVERY trip! I can seriously say that I do not think we have taken a trip in the last 10 years that didn't includ DH coming or going at a different time due to our company at home! We used to use a car service before we found out how helpful DME was in these situations! On our last two trips DH had to fly home one day and back the next for an important meeting and even though it would be an extra round trip DME happily took him!