PDA

View Full Version : Resort Specific t-shirts?

darthmacho
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Some of my favorite shirts ever purchased at WDW have been shirts from the resorts. in the past I've even gotten shirts from ASMu! :mickey:

Nevertheless, I've heard rumors that only deluxe resorts now sell shirts with their name on it. Is this true? :confused:

I'd be devastated not to get a POR shirt on this trip. :(

Please, does anyone know the scoop?

Strmchsr
08-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I believe that is true. I only recall seeing resort shirts at the deluxes the last couple of trips.

Harriet
08-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Good question I like to know the answer myself. I still have one when POR was called Dixie Landing and love it.

darthmacho
08-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I believe that is true. I only recall seeing resort shirts at the deluxes the last couple of trips.

:( That would be a bummer. At least I can get a new Wilderness Lodge shirt during our visit. I hope I can get something with the Riverside name on it, even if it's only a magnet or mug.

Strmchsr
08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I hope I can get something with the Riverside name on it, even if it's only a magnet or mug.

I don't remember at POR, but I do remember seeing a couple of POFQ specific gift items. It wasn't much, but I expect you'll be able to find something with POR on it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-06-2010, 10:14 PM
The last time we were at POFQ/POR there wasn't much resort-specific items left, and the ones they had were all on sale.

There is more likely to be small things, like pins or magnets than the larger items.

We also liked having some resort-specific items.

Disney Family
08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
We just came back yesterday from the beach club. There store did not have any resort related t-shirts, although I did pick up a beach club frig magnet. We walked over to the boardwalk and they didn't have resort related anything except for picture frame which was on sale. We also looked for a blizzard beach t-shirt at blizzard beach,but couldn't find one. In both cases of blizzard beach and the resorts we were told by the cashier that disney was getting away from those types of items and everybody was asking why.

DisneyDoug2
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Last year when we visited I tried to get a resort shirt from the Contemporary and they had nothing but general Disney shirts.

ANG
08-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Hmmm. Last fall I got an All Star tshirt

#1donaldfan
08-13-2010, 12:57 PM
:( That would be a bummer. At least I can get a new Wilderness Lodge shirt during our visit. I hope I can get something with the Riverside name on it, even if it's only a magnet or mug.

Riverside's gift shop has POR pins, no magnets...they don't say Riverside or FQ, but they are nice..no POR magnets that I could find...I got a pin, cut off the post, glued a magnet on the back and VIOLA, it's on my fridge.....!!!:mickey:

Suz36
08-22-2010, 10:13 PM
In May, we were able to get AKL shirts, but not POFQ - they only had New Orleans-style merchandise, not specific to the resort (except pins.) Last October, I did get CBR shirts, but they were all on clearance.

Evil Genius
08-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I'd been hearing talk of the homogenization of the merchandise in the parks and resorts and hoped it wasn't true...guessing it is.

Makes me glad we got POR t-shirts on our last trip in '08! We also picked up a mug, pin and magnet, but the t-shirt is my favorite 'get'.

darthmacho
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Riverside's gift shop has POR pins, no magnets...they don't say Riverside or FQ, but they are nice..no POR magnets that I could find...I got a pin, cut off the post, glued a magnet on the back and VIOLA, it's on my fridge.....!!!:mickey:

I got the Riverside pin too. I got a pin for each park, a 2010, and a 1971 pin as the centerpiece, and I'm going to stick them all in a shadow box!
Now I wish i got one to make into a magnet. What a great idea! :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
In June I saw a shirt for The Poly that I want to get next time we are there. I know they also have Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge shirts as well. Maybe it is just a deluxe thing now? Not too sure...

jpH/keD
09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
We have only stayed at Values and I never found t-shirts. I got Christmas ornaments but that is it.

darthmacho
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
We have only stayed at Values and I never found t-shirts. I got Christmas ornaments but that is it.

I actually have an All Stars Resort t-shirt, that I got in 2003. I assume I'll never be able to replace it...:(

DizneyRox
09-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I actually have an All Stars Resort t-shirt, that I got in 2003. I assume I'll never be able to replace it...:(
Not without a DeLorean and 1.21 gigawatts of electricity...