PDA

View Full Version : King Size Beds @ Wilderness Lodge

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
08-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I have looked through a lot of the posts about requesting rooms and king size beds and whatnot but there doesn't seem to be any clear answers on deluxe level resorts.

So my question is......My husband and I are heading to the world on 12/24 and would love to request a king size bed. I know at the moderate level you can just book a king size but I did not see anything like that when I booked.

So I was wondering if that is something you can book at the deluxe level or not?

If not I have never done a room request, can someone instuct me how to do that because I have read different things....
-one is that you have to do it when you place your ressie
-another said to call a few days before
-another yet said there is some type of fax you can send
.....any answers would be helpful. Thank you.

faline
08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I usually always request a king bed. With moderates, you can pay extra to have a king bed. With deluxes, there is no guarantee you will get the king bed. I typically have the request noted on my reservation as soon as I make the reservation.

On several occasions, we've been provided with the king bed as requested, but in a handicapped accessible room. Typically, this means you will not have a tub in the room - just a walk-in shower.

On some occasions, we've not had our request honored. When traveling with someone else, we had requested adjoining rooms. We could not do both the king bed and adjoining rooms as threre are none that adjoin to another king bed room. Last winter, when traveling with my brother, they also did not honor either of our request for king bed rooms. We did not even ask for adjoining room. Even so, we were both provided with 2 queens and were placed in rooms just a few doors down from each other.

TammiMcMan
08-07-2010, 12:11 PM
So I was wondering if that is something you can book at the deluxe level or not? Yes, but they are usually referred to as the honeymoon rooms/suites. They're more expensive than a standard view room, but they do come with club level amenities. If a king bed isn't worth paying all that extra for, you can try your luck at requesting one, but there are no guarantees.

If not I have never done a room request, can someone instuct me how to do that because I have read different things....
-one is that you have to do it when you place your ressie
-another said to call a few days before
-another yet said there is some type of fax you can send
.....any answers would be helpful. Thank you.Have the request noted on your reservation as soon as possible. That's the only way to guarantee it will be seen. Room request faxes typically end up in the trash at the WL and calling will only get you the call center and not the resort. Arriving early (before 11am, also increases your chances as there's more room inventory to select from).

big blue and hairy
08-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Can someone please explain why the values and deluxes only do requests, while the mods charge for it and guarantee it? It seems very weird that they do it two different ways. :huh:

:sulley:

jillluvsdisney
08-07-2010, 02:54 PM
From past experience, the king bed are in the handcapped rooms.

TheRustyScupper
08-07-2010, 04:29 PM
1) One half of the King Room at WL are handicapped.
2) If you want one, reserve it over the phone at ressie time.
3) Then just take your best chances.
4) We do not like faxed requests
. . . they take too much time to read
. . . they take too much time to arrange
. . . they are sent by people wanting special favors

NOTE: I can PERSONALLY assure you that fax requests to WL go into the trash.

NOTE2: Sometimes during the shift a person will spot a fax request with several specific requests. Mostly this prompts a lot of laughs, especially if taped to the board. When that gets pointed out to the "ROOMS" assigner, you will see some ugly room assignments. (ei. Close to Elevator, High Floor could get the furthest room on the lowest floor overlooking the Receiving Dock.) .

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
08-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Thank you for all the help and feedback