PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice on which days to go to what park??

mrmcgiv
08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
We have never been to WDW in a high crowd season but we will be arriving next WED 8/11 at approx 12 noon and leaving either the following Wed or Thurs.

We do not have DDP so I have very few ADRs so we are flexible as to when we go to which park.

NO HOPPERS :(

I was planning to go to the parks with teh PM extra magic hours but after reading a previous post that may not be the best idea. We are not early risers every day and we would be filing in with the rest ofthe CROWD in early afternoon! In Dec that worked great but Aug may be a different story.

Our tentative days were

Wed after arrival - AKL for even EMH
Thurs - Epcot or DHS
Fri MK
Sat - Epcot or DHS (but dhs closes early due to star wars event - could be a pool night
Sun - AK or MK (I think MK has eve EMH)
Mon - AK or MK (I think AK have eve EMH)
Tues - Epcot or DHS
Wed - Epcot or DHS - we may leave mid afternoon
Thurs - if we are still there MK and we will leave around noon.

Are there any of these parks you would avoid these days or does this planning look ok. Suggestions - tips and EMH advice.

SBETigg
08-06-2010, 08:12 AM
I would spend the extra to add the hoppers. It can really make a difference in crowded times and in the summer. Our best summer strategy is to hit the morning EMH park until about 11:30, then take a break, have a relaxing afternoon back at the resort, and hit an evening park. MK if it has evening EMH, because it is not crowded in the later hours. DHS seems more crowded for EMH. Epcot is just about the same. AK is never open late enough to make a difference, but it's pretty as it gets dark.

Without hoppers, your best strategy is to probably go for the park that had extra magic hours the night before. That park seems to be less crowded to us the next day. With the exception of an evening EMH night at MK, which is worth taking advantage of.

BigThunderFan
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Without hoppers, your best strategy is to probably go for the park that had extra magic hours the night before. That park seems to be less crowded to us the next day. With the exception of an evening EMH night at MK, which is worth taking advantage of.

I agree with this, especially if you are not early risers. Realistically your best bet is to be at the gates when the park opens. You can get SO much done in the first few hours and collect FastPasses for later in the day. Then you can go back to the hotel and take a nap/swim, then go back to the park and just use FastPasses when it is super busy.

If you prefer to sleep in and wait in long lines, then I definitely recommend the park that had evening EMH the night before. It will still be crowded, but much less crowded than the current EMH night park.