PDA

View Full Version : Feeding An Infant in the Parks

starryeyes21
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I will be traveling with my six month old DS to WDW in early September. He has just started solids and I just realized that his "first fruits" come in glass baby food jars. It states on the Disney website that glass containers are not allowed inside the parks. Does this include baby food jars? I really don't want to transfer food into plastic containers. I avoid plastic, pretty much, at all times. His bottles are also glass. I'm kind of at a loss. Will they turn me back if I bring his food in glass jars?

kakn7294
08-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Baby food in glass jars has been acceptable in the past.

mickeyman42
08-06-2010, 08:06 AM
when we took our 11 month old (3 years ago) we never had a problem with glass baby food jars, it wasnt even looked at. So I wouldnt worry about it. It was also around when the airline restrictions came out for 3 oz liquids and baby bottles, baby food and bringing food through security and we never had an issue in MCO like we did trying to leave Canada. They didnt even need to check my bags to find the bottles they just took my word for it. it was great.

mickeyman42
08-06-2010, 08:08 AM
also, dont forget about the baby centers in the parks, they are great for warming up food/bottles rather than asking for cups of warm water and waiting forever for it to warm up!

eandrsmom
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I brought baby food in glass jars last year. I didn't have a problem at all. I used Garden Grocer and had baby food, bottled water, wipes, diapers, and a few other items delivered directly to our room. I'd highly recommend them if you have little ones and don't have a car.

starryeyes21
08-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Thank you to everyone for the replies. My parents gave this trip to me a a present for my baby's christening. It was supposed to be My parents, my husband, my baby, and I. Unfortunately, my husband could not get the time off of work and, not wanting to disappoint my parents I said I would still go. I am a nervous wreck about this whole thing. I am a first time mom and an overprotective, worry-wart. I'm overthinking everything..... his eating, his bottles, his formula, the sun, the heat, the rain.....you name it....

On top of that, I have never gone anywhere "major" with the baby without my husband there. We have, basically, been inseparable since we met five years ago and I don't know how I am going to handle a week without him.

The baby jar thing is a weight off my mind. One less thing to worry about.

Joannelet
08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
you will not have a problem with the baby food jars. Take advantage of the baby care centers!! YOU will love them!! They are so nice and clean...great places for your baby to relax, eat, get changed, etc.
The baby care centers were my favorite thing on my last 2 trips!! They were such a blessing!!!

JenniferS.
08-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Gerber has the "first fruits" in the plastic containers. They come 2 in a pack. You could always take the stage 2 plastic containers and just save 1/2 for the next meal if you have a fridge in your room. I know it's more of a pain if you are in the parks. Enjoy your trip!