PDA

View Full Version : Favorite nhl team?

edhunter28
08-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Who is your favorite nhl team and player

Donald A
08-05-2010, 09:19 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Sidney Crosby. I know it is a popular answer but true. Get to see the new arena next week. My wife won tickets to the first night of the grand opening.

marlyn
08-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Vancouver Canucks and the Sedin Twins!

jrfromfla
08-05-2010, 11:14 PM
New York Rangers

Henrik Lundqvist

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

kakn7294
08-05-2010, 11:41 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Sidney Crosby.:ditto:
My 10 yo DD plans to marry Sidney Crosby - and I certainly won't stop her!

Congrats on the ticket win! I hear it's a going to be a great place. We hope to maybe make a game this season to see it for ourselves.

Pagan
08-06-2010, 01:27 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Sidney Crosby. I know it is a popular answer but true. Get to see the new arena next week. My wife won tickets to the first night of the grand opening.
Okay I'm jealous!

The Pens and Marc Andre Fleury.

darthmacho
08-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I love the Boston Bruins, despite their historic choke last season and their owners that on the surface seem more focused on profit than winning.

My favorite active player is Patrice Bergeron. I hope he becomes the superstar he should be before he got the concussion two years ago.

My favorite all-time player is Cam Neely. He's my sports hero, and I'm glad he's still a huge part of the organization. As long as he's on board, I feel that he can put some passion into the organization. :mickey:

Ian
08-06-2010, 04:15 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Sidney Crosby. I know it is a popular answer ... It may be a popular answer in Pittsburgh, but it sure ain't everywhere else! I think Crosby is one of the most detested players in the NHL by fans of pretty much every other team.

Is there a no diving smiley?? :D

I love the Boston Bruins, despite their historic choke last season ... And that's the perfect lead-in to my favorite team ...

I'm a lifelong Flyers fan. My favorite player of all time is definitely Ronny Hextall, but current favorite is probably Jeff Carter. He's got a nice touch around the net that I admire, plus he's tough and physical.

Pagan
08-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Is there a no diving smiley?? :D
As long as right after it we put a "no using tired, old, worn out, no longer relevant clichés" smilie.

darthmacho
08-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm a lifelong Flyers fan.

We'll always have Poulin... (as a shared Bruins/Flyers legend, though his best years were in Philly, no?) :mickey:

Donald A
08-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Okay I'm jealous!

The Pens and Marc Andre Fleury.

Fleury is right up there too for me. Yahoo recently listed the top 10 current netminders and he wasn't even on there. Absurd I think. I am excited to see the defense Shero put in front of him this year. A little worried about the lack of replacements for some of the wingers though. I don't know about using rookies to replace Fedetenko and Guerin.

Donald A
08-06-2010, 10:14 PM
It may be a popular answer in Pittsburgh, but it sure ain't everywhere else! I think Crosby is one of the most detested players in the NHL by fans of pretty much every other team.

Is there a no diving smiley??

Sounds like Crosby is to you what Ovechkin is to me? Instead of being known like Crosby(wrongly I think) for diving, Ovechkin is known for taking runs and cheap shots at guys.

Sorry to any Caps fans. ;)

edhunter28
08-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I love the Boston Bruins, despite their historic choke last season and their owners that on the surface seem more focused on profit than winning.

My favorite active player is Patrice Bergeron. I hope he becomes the superstar he should be before he got the concussion two years ago.

My favorite all-time player is Cam Neely. He's my sports hero, and I'm glad he's still a huge part of the organization. As long as he's on board, I feel that he can put some passion into the organization. :mickey: i know i almost cied when they lost game 7. however i believe they will have a chance at the cup this upcoming season as long as their key players (such as lucic satan and bergeron) get their act together

Tekneek
08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Team: Edmonton Oilers
Player: Daniel Alfredsson / Nicklas Lidstrom

Melanie
08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Tampa Bay Lightning and Vinny Lecavalier.

With Steve Y in town, it should be a much better year than last. Go Bolts!

Tekneek
08-07-2010, 04:21 PM
With Steve Y in town, it should be a much better year than last. Go Bolts!

Be patient with him. He is trying to do things right with his first GM job and not just go for the quick fixes.

JPL
08-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Devils :thedolls:
Favorite Player right now is Parise nobody works harder than Zach!
All-Time Favorites Scott Niedermeyer & Scott Stevens :thumbsup:

Pagan
08-08-2010, 10:11 AM
i know i almost cied when they lost game 7. however i believe they will have a chance at the cup this upcoming season as long as their key players (such as lucic satan and bergeron) get their act together
Not hockey related, but UP THE IRONS. ;)

edhunter28
08-08-2010, 01:21 PM
not hockey related, but up the irons. ;)

maiden!!!!!!!

alphamommy
08-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Favorite Team: Detroit Red Wings

Favorite All-Time Player: Steve Yzerman

Favorite Active Player: either Pavel Datsyuk or Henrik Zetterberg. I also like Niklas Lidstrom

Yes, I'm a homer!

Favorite All-Time Non-Red Wing: Wayne Gretzky

darthmacho
08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
i know i almost cied when they lost game 7. however i believe they will have a chance at the cup this upcoming season as long as their key players (such as lucic satan and bergeron) get their act together

Maybe they can dress Neely too! :mickey:

Stickey
08-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Flyers.

No current favorites, just previous Flyer greats Bobby Clarke and Bill Barber.

Pagan
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
maiden!!!!!!!
You'd LOVE my car. I'll PM you a picture.

PirateLover
08-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Flyers, Mike Richards

edhunter28
08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe they can dress Neely too! :mickey:

No we cant thanks to Ulf Samulson

Melanie
08-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Be patient with him. He is trying to do things right with his first GM job and not just go for the quick fixes.

Well, he can do no wrong around here so far. As far as I can tell, everyone is pleased with every decision he's made up to this point, with the exception of cutting Konopka loose. He was a fan favorite, but really, he brought nothing to the team except penalty minutes.

I've gone bananas! Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to register my car here in Florida. We went today to get my new plate and I got a Lightning one. I LOVE them!!!! Too bad I'll have to get rid of the tag when we move from Florida. :(

Suz36
08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Sounds like Crosby is to you what Ovechkin is to me? Instead of being known like Crosby(wrongly I think) for diving, Ovechkin is known for taking runs and cheap shots at guys.

Sorry to any Caps fans. ;)

Caps fan here - no offense taken! Yes, Ovechkin can be a bit of a bully, but you gotta love the moves he makes! I like a finesse player who's not afraid to get his teeth knocked out - best of both worlds!

edhunter28
08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Caps fan here - no offense taken! Yes, Ovechkin can be a bit of a bully, but you gotta love the moves he makes! I like a finesse player who's not afraid to get his teeth knocked out - best of both worlds!

did you see when he laid out jager in the olympics?

Suz36
08-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Missed that, but I probably would have cheered, given my hatred for Pittsburgh and all things related, sports-wise that is. (Sorry, just an old, festering wound speaking, from an early 90s Pens elimination of the Caps.)

Greenlawler
08-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Love the Predators!

My favorite player of all time is Keith Tchachuk. I just wish he did not play for the stinking Blues!

kakn7294
08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
did you see when he laid out jager in the olympics?As much as I dislike Ovechkin (and dislike is mild), I loved the move on Jagr. I've always disliked him too, even when he played for the Pens.

edhunter28
08-17-2010, 09:36 PM
As much as I dislike Ovechkin (and dislike is mild), I loved the move on Jagr. I've always disliked him too, even when he played for the Pens.

i liked jager until he went to russia to just make more money after he had one of the leagues highest salary

brivers222
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Detroit Red Wings

Rick Nash

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Hartford Whalers

Steve Weeks

edhunter28
10-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Hartford Whalers

Steve Weeks

Good choice :thumbsup: i grew up in new haven so i saw them a couple times when i was little before they went to carolina

Greenlawler
10-08-2010, 01:17 AM
How does Atlanta still have a team? Remember the Atlanta Flames? They currently average less than 14,000 per game. Of all of the major league cities I would say Atlanta is among the worst, based on crowd support.

Donald A
10-17-2010, 06:20 PM
How does Atlanta still have a team? Remember the Atlanta Flames? They currently average less than 14,000 per game. Of all of the major league cities I would say Atlanta is among the worst, based on crowd support.

The Atlanta Thrashers are actually doing well very early in this young season. They have lost some good hockey players over the past few years.