PDA

View Full Version : hotel/flight/park tix

foolishmortal83
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
What website is the best for discounted prices for Disney vaca packages? I've used WDW in the past, but now with the economy the way it is, i'm looking to save more. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Or..what you guys have done...?

Katie (Indiana)

faline
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Be careful when booking with unknown websites...remember the old adage "If it's too good to be true..."

I'd suggest sticking with reputable sites that will help you find the best, legitimate deal there is. A good resource for booking and ensuring you get all applicable discounts would be Magical Journeys. (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/) As an Intercot sponsor, using them also helps support this site.

There isn't much variation in ticket prices for the parks though you can save a bit by using the Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC). Again, be wary of ticket offers that seem especially good - you may not be getting what you think you're buying.

For airfare, I'd suggest doing your own research. You can go directly to the airlines of your choice to search their rates - discounted airlines include AirTran and Southwest but there may be others in your area. You can also use comparison sites such as farecaster to help you shop for the best rates. Keep in mind that some airlines do not show up on these comparison sites so you could be missing out on some better prices by not going directly to the airline's own web site.

Good luck!

brownie
08-05-2010, 10:48 AM
You really can't go wrong using Magical Journeys. Your biggest savings will come from the time of year you decide to go (value season.)

Jillirose
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
We always use Disney online. They will update/change ressies if any promos come out after booking. We like the thrill of doing it ourselves :)

I've seen numerous endorsements for Magical Journeys - never heard any bad comments here!

eeyorepoohfan
08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
For us personally, I have booked through Southwest airlines. I get the cheapest flights with them (and baggage is included!)! When I do a full package (flight, on property resort, park tickets, and Magical Express), I am able to get the total price for at least $100-$400 cheaper than booking seperately. Plus, I got a great deal with Southwest last year for friends fly/stay/play for free. This saved us over $600! This year I haven't seen this offer. However, they are running the free dining. Plus, I get 7 day hopper tickets for the price of 4. This is what we have found to work for us personally. Plane tickets are pretty pricey for us here because we have a small airport (closest large airport is 3 1/2 hours away), so booking the package really brings that cost down for us. I have received quotes from MJ and they have been so nice and helpful. However, with having to book my own airfare, I would be paying at least $100 more than using Southwest for everything. Just my :twocents: and experience.

Eric87
08-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Magical Journeys and book your own flight as far in advance as possible. It will be the most inexpensive option and most convenient.

SandmanGStefani24
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
i do the park tix and hotel on WDW's site, and the flight separately.

three reasons why-1, i can pay over time on the wdw site with no interest

2, i like to fly direct, no connections, and i cant do that with WDWsite's airline choices

3-i save money on flights by going to the airline directly

Try it this way, and then try a few other combinations or methods. no one was is perfect for all. this one just works well for me. might work for you too...

foolishmortal83
08-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks! Everyone was very helpful. I'm just trying to decide when I should book them...I know there are deals that can pop up at any time...so i'm just hesitant on when I should. June 1-7 is when i'm going.

2MuchWDFun
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks! Everyone was very helpful. I'm just trying to decide when I should book them...I know there are deals that can pop up at any time...so i'm just hesitant on when I should. June 1-7 is when i'm going.

That's the nice thing about using magical journeys...book now at the best available price and they will automatically get you a better price if a deal becomes available for your travel times. If you use WDW's site you'll have to know the deal is happening and call them yourself to make the change.
If you can use Southwest then just check their website frequently until you find a flight and price that is good. I like non-stops and willing to pay a few dollars more for the convenience (and lower fees/taxes). They run a lot of low fare specials--just keep your eyes open. I do know that within two months of travel I rarely find great deals, so don't wait too long to book your flights. Southwest usually has their schedules posted on line six months or so ahead of time, so you won't be able to get flights until November/December.