PDA

View Full Version : Our "We're not getting divorced" trip!!! PART 2

mommy2maddi
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
After sleeping in until 9:30 am we got ready for the day then hopped on the bus and headed to Animal Kingdom. We got our picture taken by practically every PHOTOPASS person we came across and I'm glad we did because the pictures are a bit pricey but beautiful! So we had our pic. taken in front of The Tree of Life on our way to get fp for EXPEDITION EVEREST. I had been dying to ride this since I first heard about them building it and could hardly wait!!! Our return time wasn't until 4:30 so we headed over to DINOLAND. Rode Primeval Whirl and Triceratops Spin. Only waited 10-15 minutes for each of them. Then we browsed in the shop and headed to Flametree BBQ to eat. I am a bbq lover and the Pulled Pork bbq sandwich was great! Next we headed back to DINOLAND and picked up fp for Dinosaur. We walked some of the trails and then headed to Asia to get fp for Kali River Rapids. By now it was almost time for our Expedition Everest return so we headed over there. That ride was AMAZING!!! dh isn't a huge roller coaster enthusiast but even he loved it!!! His face on the picture was hilarious. he looked like he was gonna puke. :ack: But he did like it. We headed back to DINOLAND and rode Dinosaur. We loved it so much we got in line again immediately and rode since there was only a 15 minute wait. By now it was time for Kali River Rapids so we went and rode it. We got ABSOLUTELY SOAKED!!!! It was great because it was soooooo hot!!! The temps while we were in WDW never went below 80 and that was at night! During the day we would stand still and just drip sweat. But even sweating is fun in WDW!!!!:mickey: After Kali River Rapids we decided to head over to Epcot for awhile. It was only about 6:00 and we had done all the thrilling rides at AK and were ready to cool off and do some shopping. When we got to Epcot the wait for Spaceship Earth was only 15 minutes so we got in line. We really liked this ride. It was really neat knowing you were inside that famous "ball" you always see! After that we started walking the world showcase. We stopped in GB and got a walk in at the restaurant there. Can't remember the name of it right now. But I had the Cottage Pie which is basically a Shepards Pie. It was amazing. dh got the Fish and Chips and like them too. We got the sticky toffee pudding for dessert and that was reeeeally good! After that we walked some more of the World Showcase and I spent waaaay too much money in Japan since they had a store with HELLO KITTY EVERYTHING and i'm a total Hello Kitty fanatic!!! After Japan we turned around and decided to head back to the resort. We were coming back to Epcot tomorrow and could walk the rest of it then. We walked around the resort a little bit after we got off the bus then went in our room and collapsed into bed. We had to get up earlier tomorrow so we needed some sleep!!! TO BE CONTINUED........

Dsnygirl
08-04-2010, 04:21 PM
:mickey: Wow -- your day was full but FUN!! Love hearing your perspective on stuff for the first time -- makes it all new again, which is so cool. (and isn't getting wet in the heat just perfect??) So glad you guys had such a fun day (and your dinner was at The Rose & Crown, which we love... their cottage pie and sticky toffee is awesome!! :thumbsup:) Can't wait to read more! :)

ibrowse17
08-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Keep having those great days:thumbsup:

faline
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Clearly you're both having lots of fun! Thanks for the report!

Joannelet
08-06-2010, 10:28 PM
So fun seeing it from your perspective as a first time trip :) LOVE IT!!! :)

pdrlkr
08-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

TheVBs
08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
It's so great to hear about all your first time experiences! :mickey: So glad you had a wonderful trip.

princessgirls
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Fun times!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

amorillo
08-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Flame Tree BBQ.... yum! Love that place! It's definitely DH's favorite counter service at WDW!

DizNee143
08-10-2010, 08:49 AM
what a great day at AK and Epcot!! you guys sure did get a lot in today! :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Lots of fun!!! Thanks for sharing.

gauvin4
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a great day in AK and Epcot:mickey:

PinKy
08-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Yum! Two good meals - Flame Tree and Great Britain! So glad you're having so much fun!

KylesMom
08-13-2010, 08:56 AM
We found the soaking on Kali really made AK bearable with the high temps. Glad you caught all of the A-List attractions there. Wow, that's impressive - off to Epcot after all that excitement. Sounds like you guys are veterans, not rookies! :D

Thanks for sharing another great day with us! :mickey: